Strategy Builder Trading Diagram
Molanis Strategy Builder has been designed to be intuitive and easy to use which makes it the best Expert Advisor Builder. To create a Forex Strategy (Expert Advisor for MetaTrader), just drag trading blocks from the Trading Block Library and drop them into a Trading Diagram.
A trading diagram is a graphical representation of a trading algorithm, forex strategy or expert advisor. It shows the ‘flow’ through a trading decision system. Trading diagrams are made of trading blocks that are connected to create complex forex strategies.
To create a trading diagram, you only need to add the trading blocks, set their configuration parameters and make the necessary connections. Molanis Strategy Builder includes a number of trading blocks used when modeling a trading strategy.
- START: Trading block that indicates where the forex trading strategy starts. The START icon always appears at the top of the trading diagram. The START trading block allows the forex strategy (Expert Advisor) setup. It has three main groups of options: General Options, Trading Options and Money Management Options.
- TA: The Technical Analysis - TA trading block allows you to create trading conditions using well known technical indicators. It is the key base for the development of forex strategies.
- TA+: Advanced Technical Analysis icon (TA+), similar to a TA icon but includes the possibility to use MetaTrader variables (created in the MTVAR icon) so you can create and optimize powerful expert advisors.
- AND: Produces a value of true if and only if both of its preceding trading blocks are true.
- OR: Produces a value of true whenever one or more of its preceding trading blocks are true.
- BUY: Executes a Buy Order. Options in this trading block inlcude Currency Pair, Lot Size, and the pip value for Take Profit, Stop Loss, and Trailing Stop.
- SELL: Executes a Sell Order. Options in this trading block inlcude Currency Pair, Lot Size, and the pip value for Take Profit, Stop Loss, and Trailing Stop.
- BUY+: Similar to a Buy icon but it also allows MT4 variables and dynamic stops.
- SELL+: Similar to a Sell icon but it also allows MT4 variables and dynamic stops.
- EA SIGNAL BUILDER: Icon that uses the latest technology of visual coding so you can create your trading signals visually. It is so powerful that the user guide has one chapter explaining how to use it.
- ALERT: It manages several options to create and show custom alerts: MT4 alerts, print alert to logs, print alert to the charts, or send emails.
- CLOSE LONG: Closes all long positions for the selected currency pair.
- CLOSE SHORT: Closes all short positions for the selected currency pair.
- TIME: This icon gives users total control of time trading. It allows the setup of trading conditions based on days of the week, hours and minutes.
- MM: Martingale (Money Management) is our latest money management feature.
- MQL: Icon to manage custom MQL trading conditions.
- MQL+: Icon to add any kind of custom MQL code.
- MTVAR: MetaTrader Variables icon used to create variables to optimize indicators during backtesting.
- BUY P: Pending Buy icon: Executes a BuyStop at the Ask price + a buffer (offset in pips) or Executes a BuyLimit at the Ask price - a buffer (offset in pips).
- SELL P: Pending Sell icon: Executes a SellStop at the Bid price - a buffer (offset in pips) or Executes a SellLimit at the Bid price + a buffer (offset in pips).
- DEL P: Delete Pending icon: Deletes pending orders.
- NOTES: Allows you to write you own notes about the forex strategy. Also called text box.
- END: Trading Block that indicates where the strategy finishes. All trading flows must end at the END block.
- CONNECTING ARROWS: Connecting arrows link trading blocks and define trading flow direction.