We have created some basic examples to get you started. Please note that our Indicator Builder for MT4 is far more advanced that our Custom Indicator Builder for MT5
Please note that these Custom Indicators for MetaTrader 5 were created for educational purposes and do not constitute any financial advice.
Before using the following EAs, please take into account the following:
- THE DOWNLOAD FILES ARE IN MOI5 FORMAT (MOLANIS CUSTOM INDICATOR 5 FORMAT). TO OBTAIN THE MQL5 FILE, DOWNLOAD THE CUSTOM INDICATOR, OPEN IT WITH THE CUSTOM INDICATOR BUILDER AND CLICK ON GENERATE MQL5 CODE.
- MQL5 is different than MQL4. They are not even compatible.
- MetaTrader 5 is a beta software so it may contains bugs.
- Our software is a beta software since it is developed for MetaTrader 5 (which is a beta software).
- Usually your Indicators are located in C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Indicators However, in new Windows versions, MT5 will look for the indicator in C:\Users\YOUR USER\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075\MQL5\Indicators D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075 is a randon name that changes on every installation. This feature is called Windows Roaming. Issues may arise because the files at C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Indicators and at C:\Users\YOUR USER\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075\MQL5\Indicators are not synchronized. This is a windows issue out of our control. If this happens, you may have to copy the Indicators files manually from C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Indicators to C:\Users\YOUR USER\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075\MQL5\Indicators
- To download the examples, right click on top of the download link and then select save as (Save target as or Save link as).
0. All examples
Download All Custom Indicators Examples in a Zip file!
1. Donchian indicator
Download the Donchian Indicator for MT5 now!
Description: Shows the highest high and lowest low of the last 5 bars (It does not include the current bar). This is called a donchian indicator. You can change the numbers of bars used in the calculation using the MT5 variables Highest_Period1 and Lowest_Period3
2. Simple moving average
Download MA indicator for MT5 now!
Description: Paints the simple moving average of the close price with a period of 9. You can change the MA period using the MT5 variable AvgPeriod1
3. Bull Bar
Download Bull Indicator for MT5 now!
Description: Gives you a histogram of the calculation open price of the curent bar minus close price of the previous bar. You can import this result into the EA Visual Wizard to determine if the price opened higher.