molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New Strategy Builder 3.2 beta with support to MT4 Build 600
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:28 pm 
Site Admin

Updated on May 24, 2014 - This post is old - 3.2 R1 was released on May 23, 2014. To get it go to the normal download section at http://www.molanis.com/products/molanis-strategy-builder/expert-advisor-builder-download

We are proud to announce a new beta release. This new beta version includes:
The EA Signal Builder icon, the MQL+ icon, and support for MT4 Build 600.

EA SIGNAL-BUILDER: With the feature Color Markers, the easiest way to define signals. The complete user guide for this icon can be found in a pdf file below. This video tutorial shows some features in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tk6_JB2354
MQL+: An icon for the experts users that want to add their own custom mql code to the strategy builder.
Support for MT4 Build 600 or higher : MetaQuotes strategy is to join MT4 and MT5 features in one new MT4 product. This change allows MT4 users to access some MT5 features. The latest MT4 Build 600 (or version 600) released on Feb, 2014 has a new directory structure and some new file names making MT4 more like MT5.

Before Build 600, EAs were located in C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts ; indicators were located in C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators

After Build 600 there are two options:
-If you use a windows version older than Windows Vista (i.e. Windows XP, Professional), EAs are located on C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\MQL4\Experts, indicators are located on C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\MQL4\Indicators
-If you use Windows Vista or a newer Windows Version (i.e. Windows 7 or 8), EAs and Indicators are located in the MT4 MQL4 Folder
To find your MQL4 Folder open MetaTrader and go to menu File - Open Data Folder. Then click on MQL4
The MQL4 Folder looks like:
C:\Users\YourWindowsUser\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\YourTerminalID\MQL4
For example our MQL4 Folder is:
C:\Users\molanis\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\0932268F8B2FB1DB30E3BB61BE509A01\MQL4
molanis is our Windows user name, instead of molanis you will see your Windows user
0932268F8B2FB1DB30E3BB61BE509A01 is our terminal id, it depends on the number of MT4 installations. You will have a similar directory with your own terminal id.
Expert Advisors will be located on C:\Users\YourWindowsUser\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\YourTerminalID\MQL4\Experts and indicators will be located on C:\Users\YourWindowsUser\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\YourTerminalID\MQL4\Indicators

How to know which MT4 version is running in my PC? Open MetaTrader, go to menu Help, then select About (the last option). A new window will show on the lower left the version and build. i.e. MetaTrader 4.00 Build 604

MetaTrader Setup for the Strategy Builder

If you use MT4 Build 600 or newer, in the Strategy Builder you need to setup:
1. the MT4 directory (the directory where the MT4 Editor MetaEditor.exe is located i.e. C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4).
2. the MQL4 Folder:
To find your MQL4 Folder open MetaTrader and go to menu File - Open Data Folder. Then click on MQL4.
Here there are two options:
-If you use MT4 Build 600 or newer on Windows XP, Professional or older Windows versions, your MT4 MQL4 Folder should be something like C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\MQL4 - that directory is where the Experts and Indicators directories are located. EAs will be saved on C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\MQL4\Experts, Indicators will be saved on C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\MQL4\Indicators
-If you use MT4 Build 600 or newer on Windows Vista or newer Windows versions (i.e Windows 7 and 8), your MT4 MQL4 Folder should be something like C:\Users\YourWindowsUser\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\YourTerminalID\MQL4. Expert Advisors will be located on C:\Users\YourWindowsUser\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\YourTerminalID\MQL4\Experts and indicators will be located on C:\Users\YourWindowsUser\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\YourTerminalID\MQL4\Indicators.

Please give us some feedback on this release posting your questions in this thread

Attachments:
File comment: EA Signal Builder User Guide
EASignalBuilderGuidev5.pdf [568.13 KiB]
Downloaded 1648 times

Post subject: Re: New Strategy Builder 3.2 beta with support to MT4 Build 600
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:19 pm 

Examples for Version 3.2
All examples can be downloaded in a zip file below. Unzip the examples file, open the examples with the Strategy Builder 3.2 Beta, and generate the Expert Advisor.
Examples do not use the current bar, they trade at the open of the current bar. Indicator calculations are made at the close of the previous bar (one tick before the open price)
1. Moving Average Crossover
Buy if MA slow>MA fast changes to MA slow<MA fast - this condition is created with the EA Signal Builder icon, using 2 indicator lines in the line panels
Sell if MA slow<MA fast changes to MA slow>MA fast - this condition is created in the bar panel, bars are ignored since they do not have any color marker and the option to generate code that describe bull/bear bars is off (on code generation settings)
MA slow and MA fast are MT4 variables that can be adjusted during backtesting

2. Moving Average Crossover with ADX, same as previous example but trades only take place if ADX>30
It includes 2 additional variables to control the ADX period and the number used in the comparison.
With the ADX you get less signals. ADX>30 is considered a nice indicator of a trend, and MA EAs should be used in trending markets.

3. Some Basic candle patterns and signals. This is not an EA but has some patterns for you to use in your EAs
Engulfing Pattern (Long signal in several versions: Simple, with 3 bearish bars, and with 3 bearish bars making new lows)
Harami
Three new highs with three new lows
Three White Soldiers
Average price (open+close)/2 higher than previous open
Average price (open+close)/2 higher than previous average price
Open higher than previous open
Remember that you can save the signal and open it later. Some signals generate code that identify bull/bears candles ad some do not. Check the options under code settings.

Attachments:
File comment: Examples for 3.2 Beta
Strategy_Builder3-2Beta-Examples.zip [15.34 KiB]
Downloaded 1048 times

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:10 am 

Molanis now comes with the mql compiler mql.exe - this file is
needed to take the mq4 and create the compiled ea or ex4 file
If you want you can get it on your own from
http://files.metaquotes.net/metaquotes. ... t5/mql.exe for Windows 32 bits
http://files.metaquotes.net/metaquotes. ... /mql64.exe for Windows 64 bits. If your computer uses windows 64 bits, save mql64.exe as mql.exe in the Strategy Builder directory

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:03 am 

[Removed by admin since the new beta has a different setting]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:17 pm 

Latest beta was released on April 25, 2014

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:34 pm 

Ok, so what's the Beta -vs- Production status of Molanis Strategy Builder Pro 3.2 (for MT4 Build 600+) right now? Are you releasing the production version yet, or are you still in beta?

If still in beta, when will production be ready? I'd like to start some new EA builds with Molanis, but I would rather work with the production version.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:40 pm 
Site Admin

We call it beta because we still need to add some features before a final release. It is bug free and it is the version that should be used for mt4 600 or higher so most users are using it. Final version is close but do not have a set date.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:10 am 

Hi

Beta version 3.2 license has expired. I use the license of version 3.1
I bought some time ago full licenses for all your programs.
Version 3.1 is not for MT4 Build 646. And the Beta is off... What can i do?

Thank you in advance

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:26 pm 

You can get 3.2 at the top of this thread. It is good for another 7 days. Next Friday we will have a new beta release.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:54 pm 

mpap wrote:
Hi

Beta version 3.2 license has expired. I use the license of version 3.1
I bought some time ago full licenses for all your programs.
Version 3.1 is not for MT4 Build 646. And the Beta is off... What can i do?

Thank you in advance

Done. Order placed today for SB 3.2 for MT4 Build 600+ on (5/19/2014) via PayPal. Thank you! Will I get the beta upgrade and how do I download it?

Edit: After sending the information requested for a license via email, I received a reply email back asking for a computer code. My initial email already contained the MAC Address. Not sure if that email was an Auto Reply, or not - but I included my MAC Address in the first email that I sent requesting the license after using PayPal to make the purchase.

Thanks!