molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Custom Indicator based on an altogether different formula
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:22 pm 

Hello Room,

I used to use a EA Builder long time back. That time, I coded a formula which is not related to any values of any indicator, a completely custom built formula based on variables like comparing formulas generated from 2 different pairs and putting a trade in line with it. The formula may be like comparing some values of past 20 ticks (maybe high, low , or average, or any other mathamatical formula) of any pair to that of past 30 ticks (maybe high, low , or average, or any other mathamatical formula) of some other pair. I should be add, multiply , divide, in the formula by any variable.

The above custom formula was coded by me manually hand coded after the EA was built. But that facility was not available at that time in the EA builder. I want to ask 2 questions.

1. whether I can define such custom formula based on any pair and compare the formula results in molanis.
2. I want to use 5 point decimals. can I use it in molanis.

Post subject: Re: Custom Indicator based on an altogether different formula
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:26 pm 

Check out the TA+ icon in SB v3.15. I'm not a programmer, but the MQL icon seems to allow mql code to be added. Since you are coder, you could probably recreate all your code within the MQL icon. Personally, I haven't used it. I do use a 5 digit broker in SB without issue.

Not being a programmer, I'm working on an alternative. Using various indies, I can generate offline tick charts via local csv files for each pair and add moving averages to each, i.e. your 20 or 30 periods. This allows manual visual trading, using side by side offline tick charts labelled M2, M133, etc. But on the EA front, it doesn't help me because I can't get SB to reference my offline tick data across MULTIPLE charts. The SB menu only allows standard time frames, i.e. M1, M5, M15, etc., or the "Current Timeframe" for a lone M2 or M133 offline chart. Although I have yet to try, I suspect that deleting my history file for a standard TF, say M5, and renaming my offline chart from M2 to M5 may solve the SB issue. This would eliminate the need to code altogether. Hope this makes sense.

Post subject: Re: Custom Indicator based on an altogether different formula
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:08 am 
Site Admin

You can use 5 or 4 digits - all generated eas have a variable to set the number of digits (See molanis.com/support/manuals)