molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Creating Indicator lines showing acceleration/deceleration
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:13 pm 

Hi,

I would like to create four indicator moving average lines as follows:

A) Values of the moving average going up and accelerating (gives a BUY signal)
B) Values of the moving average going up but decelerating (gives a CLOSE LONG signal)
C) Values of the moving average going down and accelerating (gives a SELL signal)
D) Values of the moving average going down but decelerating (gives a CLOSE SHORT signal)

They would all be different colors so on the chart they would look like one line with four different colors.

Could you give me instructions on how to do this?

Post subject: Re: Creating Indicator lines showing acceleration/deceleration
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:12 am 

You need to use the indicators to create formulas like indicator - indicator2 (or indicator + indicator2)
In the strategy builder you will assess if the difference is increasing or decreasing. You cannot do everything in the indicator builder since it does not manage ifs (TA icons)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:05 pm 

this is as far as I got:

If the blue line is above the green line and positive, then the LWMA 13 is UP and ACCELERATING
If the green line is above the blue line and positive, then the LWMA 13 is UP and DECCELERATING
If the Red line is below the orange line and negative, then the LWMA 13 is DOWN and ACCELERATING
If the Orange line is below the red line and negative, then the LWMA 13 is DOWN AND DECCELERATING

If you set a fixed minimum of zero in the indicator window, it approximates what i want, although ideally I want one line color coded with the four colors and not duplicated. Not sure if that's possible, but I will let you look at it.

I have attached the mol indicator file below.

Attachment:
MAAD.moi [5.28 KiB]
Downloaded 625 times

(MAAD stands for Moving Average Accelerating Deccelerating)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:09 am 

If you want If Mode 0 - Mode 1 > 0 then the moving average is UP and ACCELERATING, you need a signal that gives you Mode 0 - Mode 1 (I mean the formula equivalent). Or you could create a second indicator that call your indicator and does Mode 0 - Mode 1 - I would stay with one indicator.
You cannot do the changing color line with the builder. Mt4 does not have a signal that changes colors (mt5 does have it). In mt4 you have several signals but only one is active at the time. In the indicator builder all signals are active all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:56 pm 

Okay, thanks for your help. I think this one is going to be too hard to do, if not impossible.

I have posted more sucessfull experts in the example section. I now have a collection of 30 expert advisors that analize different price environments.
I now have several templates in place that display various trade set ups, and I analyse from different perspectives before a trade is entered.
Thanks, for all your help