molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Magic Numbers (again!)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:24 am 

Hi, I have 2 GBPJPY ea's running on separate charts and separate time frames. In the EA settings box, I have changed the magic numbers for both so they don't clash, however despite the EA settings showing the amended magic numbers, when a trade is placed, it uses the old 'standard' magic number and not the ammened numbers in the EA settings.

Should this be happening and if not, how can I ensure the EA's use different magic numbers?

Thanks
Chris

Post subject: Re: Magic Numbers (again!)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:15 am 

The magic number is the one you set up under the ea properties in mt4. Unfortunately the logs print the original magic number and not the new one so you can disregard them. This will be fixed in the next release.
If you use one ea the trailing stops works fine. if you use more than one ea in different pairs, the trailing stop is fine.
If you use more than one ea in the same pair, the trailing stop may not work fine.
Your eas ( 2 in the same pair) should work fine if you do not use trailing stops. Initially our design was made to not to allow hedging (having two eas with the same pair). However, you can do this but do not use the trailing stop feature. In the next version we will change our code to allow hedging using two eas.