molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pinbar detector
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:59 pm 

I am not a programmer and would very much love to be able to make my own indicators.
Can someone tell me if using your software I would be able to make a pinbar finder
which when found draws a horizontal line at high and low on the pinbar with a suitable icon above or below pinbar that was found.
I have downloaded your trial and after 2 days of ny 10 day license I dont know the answer to the above question.
If I could do this and many things similar I would definitely buy the software.
Perhaps an expert can advise if I am wasting my time or give me some hints to succeding.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me. :)

Post subject: Re: Pinbar detector
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:50 pm 

The current version of the indicator builder draws continuous signals which is not what you need.
You can create a pinbar detector using both the strategy builder and the indicator builder.
In the indicator builder create values used to identify the pinbar (you need 3 or four - this will give you a clue http://www.learntotradethemarket.com/fo ... efinition/) Then you use the strategy builder to join the signals with an AND. Unfortunately is not straight forward. It would be easier to google that indicator and import it into the strategy builder to create an ea that give you signals or trades.