molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: IF conditions
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:05 am 

Hi

I'm trying to build an indicator that puts an arrow up when the following happens

Close i above high i+1
close i+1 above high i+2
close i+2 above close i+3

Is there any way to do this in the indicator builder or to simply return a positive or negative value.

It's probably more of a strategy, but I want more than just pop up alerts and emails, I want to be able to track them on a chart graphically.

Any thoughts

Post subject: Re: IF conditions
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:59 am 

Ifs conditions are not supported directly in the indicator builder - we want to add it for next version but it will take a while. If you know how to code you can use Ifs inserting the code manually working with the advanced option what it's complex and you need to know coding.

For your alarm, use the strategy builder and in the START icon select alerts instead of trading so you can get email or alerts.