molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Is there a way to insert sound alert in an indicator?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:18 pm 

Hi, I'm wondering if it's possible to do the following 2 things with Indicator Builder. At first glance I can't see a way of doing it.

1. Add something to an already existing indicator. Say I want to add a sound alert when RSI cross 30?

2. If this can't be done, is it possible to add a sound alert to any custom indicator that created by Indicator Builder?

I've tried to add alert with Strategy Builder first, I choose alert instead of real trading, but I don't get any alert whether it's email or sound. I'm not sure why so I want to try this. All I want to do is to add sound alert to a indicator when certain condition is met so I don't have to be in front of the computer all the time.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Is there a way to insert sound alert in an indicator?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:54 am 

Quote:
1. Add something to an already existing indicator. Say I want to add a sound alert when RSI cross 30?

You cannot edit existing mq4 indicators. The indicator builder can use existing indicators so in a TI you can create a calculation that uses a signal of an existing indicator - just import it. Usually you need at least 2 signals so you need a TI per signal.
Quote:
2. If this can't be done, is it possible to add a sound alert to any custom indicator that created by Indicator Builder?

If you use the advanced options you can add the code but this requires some mql knowledge.

If your alarm in the strategy builder does not work, post your strategy file .mol in the forum to take a look