molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How to use offline chart as custom indicator - Renko bricks
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:42 pm 

Hi;

I maybe a little thick but I have read through the forum as well as the manual and I am still not sure how to import an offline chart as a custom indicator. essentially, I have an EA that creates Renko bars on an offline chart - ex. EURUSD,M2 Iwould like to, in it's simplist forum, create an ea that would enter a trade on a 2 brick move and exit on a 1 brick reversal. Any idea's? Thanks

Allen

Post subject: Re: How to use offline chart as custom indicator - Renko bricks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:47 am 
Site Admin

An offline chart is not a custom indicator. In metatrader an offline chart is suppose to show you price info as a standard chart. Since it is like a standard chart you need to attach indicators to it.
Think that your renko is a normal chart, for a pair and a timeframe.

However, Renko is not a standard indicator. In mt4 to get Renko coders use a trick and create off line charts that are not designed for trading. Officially we do not support off line charts because you need to understand how they work, how they are created, how to update them and the downsize of using them.
However we have many clients that use Renko.

First learn to use the renko off line chart and understand how the bars are updated. Then attach indicators and see how they behave.

Also read this
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1155&p=3429&hilit=renko#p3429