molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Mon May 27, 2024 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: How to build EA from one indicator that has the buy and sell
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:32 pm 

molanisfx wrote:
You have to help me out here. Your strategy (.mol file) uses a custom indicator called "THV3 Trix called" and not the ones you posted. We are here to help but not to do the work for you. Repost your strategy file and make sure it uses the right indicator.

I'm not asking you to do the work for me, if I was able to figure this out , I won't ask for any help.
the indicator is the same one in both strategy and Mq4 file , I was only able to find it in .mq4 format under the trix cross name but that's the same file. attached another strategy that use same custom indicator but only on the buy side.
the problem with this one it take postion to buy everytime the lines cross even if it was sell signal.
I need it to do buy when lines start to go green or cross and do sell when they start to change red or cross.

Attachments:
Trix buy 10tp20sl latest.mol [4.9 KiB]
Downloaded 413 times

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:15 am 

FYI, posting decompiled versions (mq4's) of Cobra's indies is not wise. Read the terms on post#1 at his 1500 post thread at Forex Factory. Besides, do you really want to piss off a German transplant to Central America who goes by the name of Cobra? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:27 am 

RJo wrote:
FYI, posting decompiled versions (mq4's) of Cobra's indies is not wise. Read the terms on post#1 at his 1500 post thread at Forex Factory. Besides, do you really want to piss off a German transplant to Central America who goes by the name of Cobra? :lol:

Not trying to piss no one , I just need help understanding how to build EA that excute based on one indicator , the trix cross lines is only one part of my EA not the whole system.
Just FYI that form was abandon by devolpers weeks back and Mq4 files made public for everyone.
Trix lines is small part of THV system in that form.
I guess I won't get no help here.
thx for nothing,

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:20 am 

I have to apologize here. The first time I saw the indicator I thought it was the original indicator because it has some text explanation at the beginning. But after that it's just the decompiled version.We cannot help due to our copyright policies. If you find the original one that they released we can help you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:17 pm 

Alright sdestiny, I'll take your word for it. Here's a sample mol file with your indie. Delete the RSI TA's and the strategy should enter based on the Trix arrows OR crosses, and exit on fast line color change. THIS EA IS UNTESTED! This should give you a starting point to play with the conditions within the TA icons. I will say that I learned more just from reading the SB manual under the support tab at the main Molanis site than anywhere else.

Attachments:
#MTFRSI_Trixcross_EA.mol [32.41 KiB]
Downloaded 515 times

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:56 pm 

RJo wrote:
Alright sdestiny, I'll take your word for it. Here's a sample mol file with your indie. Delete the RSI TA's and the strategy should enter based on the Trix arrows OR crosses, and exit on fast line color change. THIS EA IS UNTESTED! This should give you a starting point to play with the conditions within the TA icons. I will say that I learned more just from reading the SB manual under the support tab at the main Molanis site than anywhere else.

OK ,thank you very much for your help ,that should be good start for testing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:59 pm 

molanisfx wrote:
I have to apologize here. The first time I saw the indicator I thought it was the original indicator because it has some text explanation at the beginning. But after that it's just the decompiled version.We cannot help due to our copyright policies. If you find the original one that they released we can help you.

No problem ,thank you for your help.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:55 pm 

sdestiny wrote:
RJo wrote:

Sorry to bother you again ,while building the strategy and set condetions ,I notice so many RSI's TA no idea which one to delete.
I tried delete all the RSI but now the strategy wont valdiate
would you please post the mol one more time based on the trix color without the RSI's

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:02 am 

Just delete all of the TA icons that have RSI in the label, and then delete the 2 AND icons that aren't doing anything for the single TA's that are left. Then connect those single TA's directly to the Buy/Sell icons (to repair the strategy). To move an icon, double click to select an icon and then click and drag it. You can expand the whole layout this way without breaking connectors. Right click to delete. Later, you will find copying and pasting is your friend when doing a big project with many TA's.

Alternatively, you may want to test it as is. The RSI is a 2o period daily RSI that only looks for buys above the 55 level and sells only below the 45 level while trending up/down. SteveHopwoodForex put me on to it this week. He tells me it came from a retired big bank trader and so I'm testing it. If you want to see it in action, here you go. It defaults to 20 days (1440 minutes) regardless of your chart time frame. The EA does the same using the SB's built in RSI.

Attachments:
#MTF_RSI.mq4 [3.83 KiB]
Downloaded 411 times

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:05 am 

Here are both indies on a 10 pip Renko bars chart. Although using the D1 20 RSI as a filter would have caused me to miss the last brief downtrend, I would have captured the earlier strong uptrend. Note the chop that would have been avoided by only buying above 55 and selling below 45. Also, note how infrequently I would be trading. I'm fine with this because overtrading, a.k.a. taking the boredome trades, generally kills my account.
Attachment:
m2.gif
m2.gif [ 20.25 KiB | Viewed 4561 times ]