molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: How to build EA from one indicator that has the buy and sell
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:06 pm 

RJo wrote:
Here are both indies on a 10 pip Renko bars chart. Although using the D1 20 RSI as a filter would have caused me to miss the last brief downtrend, I would have captured the earlier strong uptrend. Note the chop that would have been avoided by only buying above 55 and selling below 45. Also, note how infrequently I would be trading. I'm fine with this because overtrading, a.k.a. taking the boredome trades, generally kills my account.
Attachment:
m2.gif

I'm sorry not trynig to be pain :? ,even when removing the TA for the RSI Icon's as you described it still won't valdiate ,would you please post the mol after removing the RSI or the EA you used in this chart ,using the mq4 you posted will bring me to the first issue in how to configure that for buy or sell in EA?
please post the mol file or the EA file you used in this chart ,I will do my testings also and play with values.
I will be happy to provide you with my email address
Thanks again for all the help.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:21 pm 

RJo wrote:
Just delete all of the TA icons that have RSI in the label, and then delete the 2 AND icons that aren't doing anything for the single TA's that are left. Then connect those single TA's directly to the Buy/Sell icons (to repair the strategy). To move an icon, double click to select an icon and then click and drag it. You can expand the whole layout this way without breaking connectors. Right click to delete. Later, you will find copying and pasting is your friend when doing a big project with many TA's.

Alternatively, you may want to test it as is. The RSI is a 2o period daily RSI that only looks for buys above the 55 level and sells only below the 45 level while trending up/down. SteveHopwoodForex put me on to it this week. He tells me it came from a retired big bank trader and so I'm testing it. If you want to see it in action, here you go. It defaults to 20 days (1440 minutes) regardless of your chart time frame. The EA does the same using the SB's built in RSI.

I have attached screen shot for the diagram after removing the RSI's still not valdating ,can you post the mol or the ea you used for my testings.
Thank you

Attachments:
screen shot.jpg
screen shot.jpg [ 130.12 KiB | Viewed 2006 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:19 pm 

No need to email. The mol that I used to generate the EA in that chart is on page 2 of this thread (http://www.molanis.com/forum/download/file.php?id=460).

It looks like you removed all of the ANDS, and a couple too many TA's. Anytime one individual trade path within a mol has more than one TA, the path must use an AND or an OR icon to connect to the CLOSELONG/SHORT or BUY/SELL icon. This is the flow: START to TA(s) to AND (or OR) if more than one TA in this individual path, to BUY (or SELL or CLOSELONG/SHORT), to END. See mol attached to this post.

Also, getting back to your original issue... In order to select the desired mode (line, arrow, etc.) of an imported custom indie in SB, you should go the "Colors" tab of the indie in MT4 to find the mode number (0, 1, 2, etc.). See modes pic attached for a random indie example. Shift 0 is the currently forming bar (always changing), shift 1 is the previous closed bar, shift 2 is 2 closed bars back, etc.
Attachment:
TX.png
TX.png [ 51.49 KiB | Viewed 1996 times ]

Attachments:
modes.png
modes.png [ 38.44 KiB | Viewed 1980 times ]
Trixcross_EA.mol [17.12 KiB]
Downloaded 399 times

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:12 am 

Thank you,