molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Understanding the Technical Indicator Builder
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:04 am 

Hi,

I have a basic problem in understanding in building a custom indicator.
All I want is to build a custom indicator which calculates the highest ( Lowest in another mode) of the four previous bars. The bars following should show a THUMPS UP or THUMPS DOWN when the ASK or BID price respectively cross the so HIGHEST/LOWEST.

I then use the strategy builder to have a condition satisfying and enter into a buy order on the THUMPS UP VARIABLE while a sell order on the THUMPS DOWN variable.

Just to let you know that I do not have Pro version of the technical builder, will that be a problem in ascertaining the variables THUMPS UP AND THUMPS DOWN VARIABLE in Molanis Strategy builder. I have been struggling with this and find that I have reached no where to the solution. Can you guys please help me.

Thanking In Advance

Mahvij

Post subject: Re: Understanding the Technical Indicator Builder
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:34 pm 

You may want to try this:
The indicator builder can show you the lowest of the last 4 bars (use Low[i+1] or Low[i] as Calculation and Lowest as advanced formula with an advanced period of 4
Then in the strategy builder create the strategy - In a TA use if indicator > or < bid or ask .... (something similar for high)
You have to do it this way since the indicator builder paint continuous indicators and if conditions are not available.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:17 pm 

Dear Molanisfx,

Thanks for the quick reply I did understand what you meant to say, but somehow or the other my code was not working the way I intended it to be. So what I did was change the mql code in the strategy builder to include just the ihigh(highest)/ilow(ilowest) feature in the trading code to make it work. Unfortunately when I compile I get this error '\end of program- unbalanced left parenthesis'. Counting the brackets is not helping, I request your help at this juncture as Iam in no position to move ahead nor Iam no programmer to crack this. I'am attaching both the codes one before the change ( TEST1.mql) and the other ( Test2.mql ) after making the change in the editor.

Will be waiting to see your reply.

Mahvij

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:36 am 
Site Admin

The idea of our forum is to share the .mol file - the strategy. Not the code. We do not encourage people to post their EA code. We encourage them to post their strategy file. We encourage people to share the code of their custom indicators and help them to understand how to use them with the strategy builder.
We help people here in the forums with their strategy. We do not code or change the code for them. If you post your indicator file .moi we can help you to change it. We do not do all the work for you otherwise we'd charge you.