molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Risk Management!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:49 pm 

Hello!

Could add this feature risk management in batches automatically.

Link code: http://book.mql4.com/build/lots

Post subject: Re: Risk Management!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:24 pm 
Site Admin

We already have a similar one - it's call percentage at risk in the START icon. It allows to adjust the lot size to a % of available money to trade. Is this what you want?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:40 pm 

admin wrote:
We already have a similar one - it's call percentage at risk in the START icon. It allows to adjust the lot size to a % of available money to trade. Is this what you want?

Actually I need it to make the change automatically as lots of my capital. When I put for example 2% from 1000 usd, usd will be 20, ie, he must negotiate a pip or 20 usd or 20 usd every x pips, rather than the maximum percentage of risk, because this way I have to be manually changing the lots.
Do you have any way to do this way?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:11 pm 
Site Admin

It's not as simple as you describe. It depends on the min lot size, the pair, and account type, and capital available for investment
The % at risk do this for you but if the lot size is not standard, it will change it to a standard lot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:21 pm 

admin wrote:
It's not as simple as you describe. It depends on the min lot size, the pair, and account type, and capital available for investment
The % at risk do this for you but if the lot size is not standard, it will change it to a standard lot

I believe that is not so simple! But I know that is possible! My friends ... If you put this function will be a great idea because it will make us robots and creators of the system Molanes customers have the best robots in a practice and this function is essential that the management of capital!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:53 am 
Site Admin

Maybe I do not understand what you mean
The % at risk will calculate a lot size as a percentage of the money available for trading (free marging). If that calculated lot is not standard, it will change it to a standard lot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:39 pm 

I appologize if I am just rewording the original post, im just trying to understand this particular feature. If using Maximum Percentage at Risk, and my account has grown in size, will this feature calculate my specified risk and increase lot size accordingly? in the manual it only states reducing the lot size.
Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:12 am 

Think of it as a limit in the lot size given your available capital to trade.
It readuces the lot size. Let say you put lot size = 10, and 4% at risk
If 4% of the available capital to trade (free margin) is lower than 10 lots then the lot size is reduced to 4% of free margin. Let's say 4% is 1.11111 Since 1.11111 is not a standard lot, we rounded to 1, and then 1 lot is traded If you double your money, then 4% will be 2 lots.