molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: problem running indicator builder?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:46 pm 

Hi i have installed the indy build ok. i already have FXCM mt4 ver 900+ and FXDD ver200+ on my pc,
i am aware of the new directory eg. MQL4 , your indicator asks for metalang.exe but my mt4 only has metaediter.exe, i presume this is the .exe file needed so i renamed a copy as metalang.exe and also put in the mql.exe for good measure.
All i get when trying to validate a demo file is error :the custom indicator couldn`t be tested. go to website etc.etc. so having read the forum i tried to change security allowing me to write to the FXCM directory (running win XP) but when i change the permision from read only it only changes it back to `read only` . i have tried downloading mt4 from the mt4 web site also, and i had the same problem. As far as i am aware i have always been the administrater (i built my PC).

On a different note, i want to use `IF` `WHILE` and some years back you said you were just about to add them to the list, is this now possible? i cannot find them.
The indicator i want to make is a `ASK` bar chart as mt4 price bar is based on BID and i think it logical that a chart requires the ASK price when you are just about either close a bid or open an ask! Q. will i be able to make such an indicator?
I believe i need to store the max + min ASK in a time period say 5min, then move onto the next time period, get another max+min ASK`s for 5min and so on..
The ASK is a must because i intend to use it on ECN brokers that have varying spreads.
Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: problem running indicator builder?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:54 am 

Your build numbers are a bit odd. Last one was 625 and now they just released 628. For those we will publish an upgrade this week.
The main issue is that as you pointed out mql.exe does not come with mt4 anymore so we will distribute it with the installers.
If the set up does not work you cannot create indicators since there is no way to test the trading conditions. The product will be renewed as soon as we finish the new release of the strategy builder. The new version has been really slow since we wanted to introduce the new EA Signal Builder icon - which will be also available in the indicator builder.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:01 pm 

Hi, sorry i got the MT4 versions wrong mine is the v625 as well, my bad.
Out of the several versions of MT4 on my pc i have a MT4 v402 so if i could get that one to connect with your software i could at least try out the Demo`s before they run out, but i still have got the problem of allowing or changing the permission of the MT4 folder, any suggestions. ?

Please note that if it is not possible for me to do what i want in the first post, it is pointless me struggling to get the software to work.
Thanks in advance.

This is the screen grab where i think i should be changing the permission is this the correct way ?
Attachment:
screen grab.jpg
screen grab.jpg [ 51.95 KiB | Viewed 9201 times ]

Attachments:
screen grab.jpg
screen grab.jpg [ 41.58 KiB | Viewed 9199 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:44 am 

For 625 we will have a new release late this week. Use that one instead.
To use the old mt4 version you do not need to use the beta. Use the normal download, then set the mt4 directory. If you use the beta you will have to set the mt4 directory and the data folder.
For permissions, make sure you allow access to all users. The permissions should be for the mt4 directory.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:05 am 

Hi again, in your post above you mention an update for mt4 v625 is it available yet. I have 2 days left on my trial period! and not had the chance to see if things are better, not going too well is it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:14 pm 

Send an email to support explaining your case - we can help you by email