molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New Indicator Builder 3.2 beta with support to MT4 Build 600
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:05 pm 
Site Admin

Updated on May 26, 2014

This post is old. You can download the latest release here http://www.molanis.com/products/molanis-technical-indicator-builder/forex-technical-indicator-builder-download

Support for MT4 Build 600 and higher:
Before Build 600, indicators were located in C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators

After Build 600 there are two options:
-If you use a windows version older than Windows Vista (i.e. Windows XP, Professional), Indicators are located on C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\MQL4\Indicators
-If you use Windows Vista or a newer Windows Version (i.e. Windows 7 or 8), indicators are located in the Indicators directory in the MQL4 Folder
To find your MQL4 Folder open MetaTrader and go to menu File - Open Data Folder. Click on MQL4
The MQL4 Folder looks like:
C:\Users\YourWindowsUser\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\YourTerminalID\MQL4
For example our MQL4 Folder is:
C:\Users\molanis\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\0932268F8B2FB1DB30E3BB61BE509A01\MQL4
molanis is our Windows user name, instead of molanis you will see your Windows user
0932268F8B2FB1DB30E3BB61BE509A01 is our terminal id, it depends on the number of MT4 installations. You will have a similar directory with your own terminal id.
Indicators will be located on C:\Users\YourWindowsUser\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\YourTerminalID\MQL4\Indicators

How to know which MT4 version is running in my PC? Open MetaTrader, go to menu Help, then select About (the last option). A new window will show on the lower left the version and build. i.e. MetaTrader 4.00 Build 604

MetaTrader Setup for the Indicator Builder

If you use MT4 Build 600 or newer, in the Indicator Builder you need to setup:
1. the MT4 directory (the directory where the MT4 Editor MetaEditor.exe is located i.e. C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4).
2. the MQL4 Folder:
To find your MQL4 Folder open MetaTrader and go to menu File - Open Data Folder. Then click on MQL4.
Here there are two options:
-If you use MT4 Build 600 or newer on Windows XP, Professional or older Windows versions, your MT4 MQL4 Folder should be something like C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\MQL4 - that directory is where the indicators directory is located. Indicators will be saved on C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\MQL4\Indicators
-If you use MT4 Build 600 or newer on Windows Vista or newer Windows versions (i.e Windows 7 and 8), your MT4 MQL4 Folder should be something like C:\Users\YourWindowsUser\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\YourTerminalID\MQL4. Indicators will be located on C:\Users\YourWindowsUser\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\YourTerminalID\MQL4\Indicators.

Post subject: Re: New Indicator Builder 3.2 beta with support to MT4 Build 600
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:09 am 

The latest mt4 version does not have the mql compiler mql.exe - this file is
needed to take the mq4 and create the compiled ea or ex4 file
Molanis installs that file for you.
If you want to get it on your own go to
http://files.metaquotes.net/metaquotes. ... t5/mql.exe for Windows 32 bits
http://files.metaquotes.net/metaquotes. ... /mql64.exe for Windows 64 bits