molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: iCustom Indicator Format
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:07 pm 

Hi-
I programmed my own custom indicator using TIB and it works when I attach it to a chart. I now have two problems:

1. If I create another custom indicator that tries to use the first custom indicator in a calculation, the first indicator does not come up in the list of MLQ indicators since it is was compiled as an EX4. How can I get TIB to recognize it? When I switch the list selection to "All Files" I can find my first indicator but when I try to use it, TIB says it can't recognize the location or number of variables.

2. For the first custom indicator I created in TIB, when I try to use it in a formula for a second custom indicator, it displays as:

iCustom(NULL,0,"ZZZ",0,i)

ZZZ being a fake name for my indicator. The new indicator is displaying something but not what it is supposed to. The value I am trying to use from the first custom indicator displays in MT4 as "Value2: XX.XX" XX.XX being the numbers I want. I would think to display Value2, I would have have to specify mode 1; is this correct? Where would that go in the above iCustom format?

Post subject: Re: iCustom Indicator Format
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:57 pm 

1. I think you need the mq4 file to do an import in SB. You can generate this in TIB Pro.

2. You are on the right track hardcoding iCustom to call the ex4. Yes, value labels in MT4 are usually off by -1 from the actual IndexBuffer (Mode) values. It is the second to last parameter in the string--the 0 before the i in your example.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:52 am 

Hi RJo-
Thanks for the good explanation. I tried your suggestion and am getting a different result; now I have to decipher if it is using the input I am intending. After I do some testing, I'll let you know if it worked. I am still waiting to hear what the Molanis moderator has to say about my questions.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:06 pm 

If you have a standard version of ti builder you cannot use the import feature in the strategy builder since the .mq4 is required.
Thus You need to add the icustom manually typing the icustom parameters. When generating the indicator pay attention to the results. It tells you the signals and how you should integrate it with the strategy builder.
If you need more help you need to post the indicator .moi and strategy file .mol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:35 pm 

I will not post the .mol, it's proprietary. I will inquire off-line about upgrading TIB. This question is only about TIB. I am not using SB for this indicator yet.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:17 am 

When in doubt, Google...

http://docs.mql4.com/indicators/iCustom