molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Fractals Down not Showing
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:21 pm 

Hi, I'm looking at using the Advanced Period and Advanced Formula. However I cannot get the indicator I built using Molanis to show the value for Fractals indicator when I use the Advanced Formula and Advanced Period. As a test a simple custom indicator at i position to return the Lowest Fractal Down over the last n period always return 0.00. It won't pick the lowest Fractals down value if the condition is met within n period. When the Advanced Formula is set to Highest with Advanced Period n, i.e return highest Fractal Down over the last n period, I get a value if the condition is met, and null when the condition is not met as expected. Please advise why when Advanced Formula is set to Lowest, why I always get a null :?:

Post subject: Re: Fractals Down not Showing
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:53 pm 

Try importing the attached indi. This is one of those indi's that were part of a mass download that I never even compiled. However, I glanced at the code and it looks like it has well defined IndexBuffers. Interesting use of fractals, by the way. :) Good luck with the project.

Attachments:
FractalsLine.mq4 [2.28 KiB]
Downloaded 797 times

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:44 pm 

Interesting. Imported the indicator as Custom and tried my Fractals test with Lowest and I finally get the Lowest value now :) Will use this to continue. Be interesting to know why using the actual Fractal with Lowest over n bars is not working. I even tried the condition with > 0, and I still get null. Thank you anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm 

Your welcome, but thanks are really due to the Russian coder who wrote it (I think the copyright is in Russian). I suspect your MT4's built in indi has some kind of oddity in the code. Can't say for sure because neither you nor I can view the source code.