molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: error trying to generate mql4 code
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:09 pm 

I got a problem with metalang.exe
I don't know what it is. and it's missing from all metatraders I have installed
actually it disappears after I run the instance for metatrader. if I install metatrader and not run the program, the file stays there. but if I run metatrader, it's gone.

so after that.. using molanis, I have a problem selecting the metatrader folder. because folder must contain both terminal.exe and metalang.exe
I set up my strategy, when I try to generate the mql4 code I get the following message: the expert advisor couldn't be created. please review the metatrader setup. in the menu metatrder setup, click on metatrader directory and and then click on the verify! button.

I've done all the steps to verify the folder but I keep getting that message

Post subject: Re: error trying to generate mql4 code
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:18 pm 

Metalang should be in the mt4 directory c:/ program files/metatrader 4
If your metalang disappears you can post your question here http://forum.mql4.com - We do not know the cause. It is related to mt4, not to our software.
After you get mt4 and metalang working please read this post related to our software configuration http://www.molanis.com/support/faq#eagen1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:39 am 

I had the same thing, I would click verify the metatrader directory and it would say settings ok but it still would not generate the ea. I uninstalled Metatrader and installed it under my documents instead of program files and this fixed the problem.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:04 pm 

I think this is a different issue. If verify is OK and you cannot generate the ea you may need to change the windows permissions of the mt4 directory - See http://www.molanis.com/support/faq#eagen1