molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Merging Indicators
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:01 am 

Is it possible to merge indicators ie. plotting a moving average over an RSI for the purpose of receiving a signal at the cross of the two indicators at the close of a candle. can this process be accomplished in strategy builder also? if so does anyone know where I could find some guidance on this process. Or how to accomplish this.

Post subject: Re: Merging Indicators
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:01 am 
Site Admin

If you want both signals at the same time you use an AND, if you want at least one of the two signals you use OR

For AND, connect 2 TAs to and AND, and then to BUY or SELL
For OR, connect 2 TAs to and OR, and then to BUY or SELL

The examples pages have some AND examples - see http://www.molanis.com/products/molanis ... rs-for-mt4

If you want to compare the ma of rsi with rsi, in that case you need to find the indicator ma of rsi in the internet, import it into the builder and then compare it with rsi. You only need one TA icon for this - no need to use AND / OR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:44 am 

If your web search is fruitless, this can be accomplished in Technical Indicator Builder by building a 2 mode indi. Just select RSI within one indicator block (this will be mode 0 when the code is generated), and then add another indicator block (mode 1) this time selecting same--only select Advanced Formula: Average, and Advanced Period: n (whatever you like).

Then import the indi into SB and compare the 2 modes within a TA.

By the way, I haven't actually used this feature yet. This is merely my understanding of how it works.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:54 am 

That is another good option. With the Technical Indicator Builder you can create simple moving averages of existing indicators like RSI.