molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: mode usage in multi line indicator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:28 am 

Are there any rules for which mode relates to which line in a multi line indicator generated via the TI builder? Currently is seems random which mode is used for what and even in a single line indicator built via your TI tool, sometimes the output is via mode 0 and sometimes mode 1? Also is it possible that an un-used mode will throw out random non-zero data? (I have had some very strange back testing results which would indicate this can happen?)

Many thanks

Chris

Post subject: Re: mode usage in multi line indicator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:42 am 

There are no rules. It tries to use the TI sequence - assign mode 0 to the first TI icon you placed on the diagram.
If advanced options are not used you may have a sequence mode 0,1,2,3... When you use advanced modes, the builder uses some modes to keep calculations so it could jump from mode 0 to 2 which means there is an internal calculation on mode 1 but it's not a signal. You should use the ones that are shown to you when the code is generated.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:29 pm 

Thanks, that makes sense as I was using the advanced feature and it was throwing out strange data! When you say " You should use the ones that are shown to you when the code is generated" where do I find that detail? Currently I only have the version that generates the executable, do I need the version that lets me see the code too?

Thanks
Chris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:54 pm 

When you generate the code the MQL4 Code window should show something like:

//***Read this first: Integration with Molanis Strategy Builder***
/*To integrate this indicator with Molanis Strategy Builder use the following modes:
Mode 0 = Close[i+1];
Mode 1 = Low[i+4];
Mode 3 = Average of Close[i] with period 4;
*/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:16 am 

Again, many thanks, a case of RTFM or at least the F screen! This will save me a huge amount of time in future. I could be wrong but I am not sure it covers this in the manual, but if not, it might be worth adding it in future?

Cheers
Chris