molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: If I want to open the trade when the candle is closed where
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:28 am 

Hi

I want to open a bye trade when the 15min TF candle is closed where should I but
i am confused between Edit trading block : iopen < iclose (does that mean long candle)
also Edit trading block "close long".

Which one should I should select ?

Post subject: Re: If I want to open the trade when the candle is closed where
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:57 am 

The option Close - iClose in the TA block should be used to define the trading condition. TA blocks connect to BUY/SELL blocks. This way you define when to buy or sell. When the trading condition is true, the system will BUY or SELL.
See the moving average example in viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8 or this video tutorial http://www.molanis.com/index.php?option ... icle&id=67

iClose gives you the closing price. If you select CurrentSymbol, CurrentTimeframe, the EA will get the values from the currency graph i.e. if you add the EA to EUR/USD in a 1 Hour graph, you will get the EUR/USD closing price for Timeframe=1H. For 15min add the EA to a 15min graph.
Changing the shift, you can get the closing price for previous bars.
Look here for an explanation of shift viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13&p=49&hilit=shift#p49

The trading conditions are evaluated every tick or every time a candle is completed. The set up is in the START block. Under Execution mode select Completed Bars (this option is selected by default)

>>I want to open a bye trade when the 15min TF candle is closed
Using Completed Bars should do it. But you need to add the trading condition. BUY when the candle is closed and...

When you BUY, you go long. Close Long closes all long positions for the selected symbol.
However take into account that Molanis Strategy Builder does not support hedging. This means that before going long (buying a currency pair) the software will close all short positions. In the same way, before going short (selling a currency pair) the software will close all long positions. As a consequence you do not need to use CLOSELONG and CLOSESHORT to close open positions before opening a new position. The system does that for you.

Molanis Team

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:23 pm 

Hello!

I'm having a problem doing my work properly robot! It's pretty simple and functionality it is a test!

1 - Buy when the closing candle is larger than the aperture;
2 - Sell when the closing candle is smaller than the aperture;
3 - Activate the MM when closing in negative

This happening that when I set up Execution Mode - Completed Bar it just opens the first order and then no longer open.
When I put it opens with Every Tick orders has closed but alone without triggering the SL.

What is happening?

Attached is the file. Mol to verify.

I need help!

Even more!

Attachments:
Scalp Teste.mol [6.53 KiB]
Downloaded 449 times

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:06 pm 
Site Admin

If you have a new question or topic, please start a new thread.
Quote:
Buy when the closing candle is larger than the aperture;

What is the aperture?

Code:
Activate the MM when closing in negative

What is a closing in negative? Do you mean if closing is lower that previous close activate money management?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:57 pm 

admin wrote:
If you have a new question or topic, please start a new thread.
Quote:
Buy when the closing candle is larger than the aperture;

What is the aperture?

Code:
Activate the MM when closing in negative

What is a closing in negative? Do you mean if closing is lower that previous close activate money management?

The opening is the iOpen.

Closing on the negative is when the order is closed in damage, closes in SL, loss of money.

Some questions I got the solution trying.

I'll be creating a new post to this question.