molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Trades with management and lots of money automatically
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:42 am 

Hello! Okay? I searched here in the forum but could not find what I'm looking for. I need my EA change automatically depending on the lot porcetagem risk per trade. How do I do this?

Post subject: Re: Trades with management and lots of money automatically
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:16 pm 
Site Admin

In the start icon there is an option called percentage at risk, select ON and then set a %. See the manual at molanis.com/support/manuals

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:50 pm 

admin wrote:
In the start icon there is an option called percentage at risk, select ON and then set a %. See the manual at molanis.com/support/manuals

Yes, I consulted the manual and have tried this option, but it only takes care not to exceed the maximum risk and does not automatically change your lot in the capital! It will be interesting and very useful if this feature is available to us! Make this great system more complete than it already is!

Has the site MQL4 is this link: http://book.mql4.com/build/lots

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:42 am 

hi there,

mind if i help? at one time i was having this problem too. but then i solved it.

first let me know how much are you willing to lose in a trade? 10%?

then let me know how many max no of lots do you wish to have at any one time.

tks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:29 am 

kitz328 wrote:
hi there,

mind if i help? at one time i was having this problem too. but then i solved it.

first let me know how much are you willing to lose in a trade? 10%?

then let me know how many max no of lots do you wish to have at any one time.

tks.

Actually I've found the solution. By own risk manager you can do this, because it not only decreases, but also increases as the capital.I'm risking 1% of my capital. I would rather hear your opinion.But anyway thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:15 am 

I am not sure how to hep you directly, but here is what I did for myself.

I wanted my EA Lot Size to Reduce & Grow AUTOMATICALLY - I want it to adjust itself according to the profits or losses I made.

Firstly I must know how much I am willing to lose per trade. To do that I use an FX Lot Size Calculator App. It's in my iPhone and I find it very useful. I can hardly trade without it.

It will ask me for these inputs:- Currency, Balance, Risk%, Stop Pips, Trade Pair.

I key in as such: -

Currency - USD
Balance - $2,345.00
Risk % -10
Stop Pips - 160
Trade Pair - EurUsd

When I press 'Calculate' the answer I get is 14. So for the Micro Account it's 1.4

If you times 1.4 by 160 pips you will get $224, which is 0.0955% (approx 10%) of $2345.00. So if this trade goes against you you will only lose 10% of your money.

Now here is the part you are waiting for :-
At the EA side, when you attach it to chart it will prompt you for input. The important selections I made are as follows:-

Micro account - TRUE
UseMaximumPercentageAtRisk - TRUE
MaxPercentAtRisk - 62.5
Lot Size - 0.1

If you run this setting in the EA test you will get the 'Volume' (Trading/NewOrder/Volume) automatically set accordingly such that if it happens to be a lost trade you will only lose 10%. 10% of balance or equity I cant seem to recall at the moment.

Yes if your EA enters the 2nd trade while your 1st trade is still open you will see that the lot size (previously 1.4) will reduce accordingly. It is dependent in the available Equity (or Balance sorry I forgot). So goes for the 3rd, 4th trade so on, it will keep on reducing accordingly. You can see this under RESULTS at the Strategy Tester .

Yes if you are Profiting you can see the lost size grow as well.

These are my other settings -

187.5% if you willing to lose 30% Per Trade.
93.75% for 15%
62.5% for 10% (as above example)
125% for 20%
156.25% for 25%

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:59 am 

The way I use is as follows:Put in 1% per trade and lots I leave 1 batch by trade. So if you need to decrease the lots as my capital it will lessen and as my capital raise it will also climb with lots.Understand what I said? I'm sorry for my poor English because I speak from a translator.