molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Specific Questions about Molanis Capabilities
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:02 am 

Hello Molanis Support:

In preparation for my trial run of Molanis, I've already read most of this support forum. Since the trial is only 10 days, I'm trying to do everything I can to hit the ground running, so I don't waste any time. I have a few quick questions, before I begin my 10 day trial and one suggestion.

1) My first EA will have 13 external variables (user inputs). I've noticed in your video that Molanis, adds external variables on its own. I'm not sure how Molanis, knows what external variables to add, but is there a way to suppress any extraneous external variables that Molanis, might add if necessary? (in the 10 day trial version)

2) Entering positions "on time" at specific XXXX hrs GMT designations, is going to be important to the strategy. So, after the entry logic is created in Molanis, I need to know that I will be able to control the trade execution through the use of specific chart times, and can I establish those trade execution times using external variables (user inputs) on the EA? (in the 10 day trial version)

3) Very important - as one of the external variables (user inputs) on the EA, I will need to be able to manually enter a price level at EA run-time (on the Inputs Tab) in the form of a single Horizontal Line on the chart, where all Long and Short entries will be based on whether or not the Bid crosses the horizontal line from below -and- whether or not the Ask crosses the horizontal line from above. Thus, the EA must draw a horizontal line based on the external variable entered as a price level (ex: $1.35801), whereas, if Bid crosses that line from below, then Open Long -and- if Ask crosses that line from above, then Open Short. Can this be done? (in the 10 day trial version)

4) I need 'auto-close' of the current open position, if Bid/Ask condition in the market dictates that a reversal has been triggered. Therefore, example, if current position is Long, because the Bid crossed the external variable horizontal line from below -and- then later the market reverses, where the Ask crosses the external variable horizontal line from above, I need the current Long position to be closed, simultaneously with the new Short position being opened. Can this be done - any changes to the magic number in this scenario necessary? (in the 10 day trial version)

5) I need to be able turn "Off" the Stop completely as it will not be necessary and need the Limit to be established as one of the 13 external variables (just another user input) and output on screen as a dotted horizontal line of a specific color: Green dotted line, if the current open position is Long, and a Red dotted line, if the current open position is Short. Can this be done? (in the 10 day trial version)

6) Lastly, while the EA is running between HHMM hrs GMT to HHMM hrs GMT, for each trade that closed with a net loss (negative pips), I would need the EA to display (using a larger font size other than the current system font) the net positive pip total minus the aggregated current net loss total (from all previously closed negative positions) in the upper right corner of the chart screen in real-time. So, as the EA is running, this will give me a visual reference with respect to the overall performance of the EA, without having to divert my attention to MT4s Account Window. Can this be done? (in the 10 day trial version)

My only request is that you made the trial longer than 10 days. 30 days would be a good starting point, I think.

Thanks in advance for tackling all of my questions. I know how tedious technical support can be some times, having worked at Oracle many years ago.

Regards,
Horizontal

Post subject: Re: Specific Questions about Molanis Capabilities
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:42 pm 
Site Admin

Some answers:

1) there are some variables that are defined by the software. The user guide at molanis.com/support/manuals describe them
You can define your own variables using the mt var icon. Please get the examples at http://www.molanis.com/products/molanis ... rs-for-mt4

2) You can use the START icon to apply a general time filter to the ea, our you can use the time icon to apply the time filters to each trading condition

3) In the ea you can create a condition like bid>1.35801 then do something. It won't draw a line. You can create a variable and assign 1.35801.
If you want to see a line you need to create your own indicator using the indicator builder

4)If you do not hedge, long are closed before a short is opened and vice versa. If you hedge or if needed You can use CL and CS icons to close positions

5)Variables for stops are not supported yet. The plan is to have that next year

6)Not supported. It won't print in the screen. The ea prints out account info and orders info under the expert tab (or logs)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:52 pm 

Thanks, for the reply, Admin.

I've downloaded both manuals (TA Builder and Strategy Builder) and will read them first, before starting the 10 day trial period.

I look forward to purchasing the product, provided that Molanis, is able to do most of what I need done.

Regarding Number 3:

You say the Strategy Builder won't enable me to create an external variable in the Input Tab of the EA, for the purpose of entering a value ($1.35081) and drawing a line on the chart at the same price level. You also indicated that I would need to use Indicator Builder, if I wanted a line - but you did not specify anything about implementation of that indicator to the strategy itself.

So, my new question is this:

3a) Would I first, create a custom technical indicator that draws a line on the chart at a specific price level, and then use Strategy Builder to call that custom indicator's output (a numeric value price level), for use in the EA trade logic? If so, which Molanis Block would I use for the purpose of calling the custom indicator's output into the EA trade logic?

*Custom Indicator that Draws Line at a specific price level * (Built in TA Builder)
* __________________ $1.35801 ___________________* (Indicator Output Value)
* Strategy Builder Block (name) That calls $1.35801 * (Is this a TA Block???)
EA Trade Logic *
*If(Prev. Close < Indicator Output Value AND Current Bid > Indicator Output Value, BUY*

I know that this would prevent successive Buy orders from being opened by the EA once the first Buy gets closed, because of the Previous Close restriction. Unless, of course, the Previous Close moves back down below the Indicator Output Value ($1.35801) and the Current Bid then moves back above the Indicator Output Value, triggering another Buy order - which is precisely what I want to happen.

But, what I'm not clear on, is whether or not my diagram of how to integrate the custom indicator output that produces the line at value = $1.35801, is correct in concept or not.

Your help is greatly appreciated, as being able to iterate the triggering of orders relative to a fixed reference point in the market, will be a very critical design element of my EA. In fact, if I cannot automate this iterative order execution process, then there would be no need for me to use an EA at all.

I know how to logically prevent multiple orders in the same direction after closure of the previous order by forcing the trade execution logic to always reference the Previous Bar's Close location relative to the Fixed Line. But, again, I need to know before hand, how to *call* the fixed line value into the EA trade logic itself (what Block does that?). That's what I'm confused about at this stage.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:30 pm 
Site Admin

Code:
You say the Strategy Builder won't enable me to create an external variable in the Input Tab of the EA, for the purpose of entering a value ($1.35081) and drawing a line on the chart at the same price level.

It will allow you to create the variable but it won't draw the line

For 3a) Yes but the level has to be a variable
You will import it using a TA, look for the option custom indicator (again - this is in the manual and there is a long thread in the forum about using custom indicators)
Read this viewtopic.php?f=3&t=162

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:47 pm 

Thanks for the reply. I've read the manual and now understand how that works.

Next question:

I've downloaded Molanis and have begun the 10 day trial. The Start Block has a variable called "Execution Mode." I can select either "Completed Bars," or "Every Tick." However, at some point in the trade logic, I will need to use both. For example - The EA will need to initiate its first trade using logic that includes the Close price of Bar [i+1]. After the initial trade is launched, all subsequent trades that the EA executes will be a mixture of execute on Close, and execute on Bid/Ask crossing various levels throughout the trading day. So, in that case, I need to use both "Completed Bars" (on Close) and "Every Tick" (bid/ask crossing of various price levels).

Do I set Completed Bars in the Start Block, and then use Every Tick in some other Block, somewhere else inside the EA to accomplish this?

Again, thanks for the reply!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:03 pm 

If you are starting a new question or topic, please start a new thread
You either trade "Completed Bars," or "Every Tick." You cannot do both.
If you use Completed Bars, you will get the bid/ask at the open of the bar.
My advise is unless you are scalping do not use bid and ask because you will get whipsawed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:14 pm 

comment faire un shift négatif? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:25 pm 

In metatrader Shifts are only positive. 1 means previous bar, 2 means two bars ago. You cannot use negative shifts in your expert advisors. (One exception - the ma shift to shift the chart right and left)