molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Maximum Percentage at Risk
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:21 am 

Hi,
I what lot size to increase automatically as the account grows. can i get that with the MaximumPercentageatRisk option, if i set MaximumPercentageatRisk to 2%, will the lot size also increase by 2% if the account grows by 2%? if not, how can i set the EA to automatically increase lot size as the account grows?
Thank you

Post subject: Re: Maximum Percentage at Risk
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

MaximumPercentageatRisk sets the lot size to that % of the free margin (amount available for trading) if the lot size in the buy/sell is higer that the MaximumPercentageatRisk. It is valid for USD accounts. So if the free margin increases then the lot size increases.
If you are a long time trader you will not use that and you will readjust the ea parameters manually weekly or every two weeks to match your risk reward ratio.

Post subject: Re: Maximum Percentage at Risk
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:26 am 

Thanks Admin.
Your reply really helped.