molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Start trade first bar candle
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:55 am 

I have a problem with Molanis's configuration and the trend signal.

For example, with SAR indicator how make for take the reverse position of my trade on the open of the first reverse bar signal ?

When i choose from home configuration execution mode completed bar candle the trade start always to the second bar candle instead of the first,

If i choose every tick the system create many false signal and open and close may position.

Sorry for my bad english but i hope the you can undestand me and above all help me !

Thanks
Paolo

Post subject: Re: Start trade first bar candle
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:32 am 
Site Admin

You only have 2 options, to trade ticks or to trade once per bar (at the open)
Trading ticks gives many false signals if you trade the current bar - the current bar has temporal values since you are still receiving ticks, thus any indicator that requires close, high, and low will change since close, high and low are temporal values because you are still receiving ticks. You reduce the number of false signals if you trade the previous bar (shift=1) but for some trading signals you want the latest info. That is the trade off: get the latest tick for the signal but many false signals, use an old tick to avoid false signals.
If you trade bars you trade at the open. So you can evaluate the reversal at the open if you trade the current bar, or you can check the reversal of the previous bar at the close (shift 1).