molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: EA not working
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:35 am 

Is there something i'm missing here? I've built ea with awesome and accelerator oscillators both green and parabolic sar below price and buy should be executed. Nothing is happening and I've tried different combinations and conditions in my diagram. Can someone help please.
Thanks,
Jeremy

Attachments:
AOACSAR.mol [6.46 KiB]
Downloaded 429 times

Post subject: Re: EA not working
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:10 pm 
Site Admin

Please post your custom indicators. Is there a reason for using custom indicators and not the ones that come with mt4?
In the TA icon in the drop down options you can find the same indicators

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:12 pm 

Try using <= or >= to define your crossover condition rather than =. Prices and indicators can hop, skip, and jump right past an exact price.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:23 pm 

Hello,
Thanks for responding to my post. I read on another thread that the awesome and accelerator oscillators that come with molanis have one signal line only. I had to download the ones from code base that have colors as well. mode 0 mode 1 mode 2 I'm assuming. I'm really new to all of this so forgive me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:30 pm 

I don't know if anyone still uses it, but this page was my main go to when I was getting started: http://www.molanis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=615&f=2#p615

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:36 pm 

goathed1 wrote:
Hello,
Thanks for responding to my post. I read on another thread that the awesome and accelerator oscillators that come with molanis have one signal line only. I had to download the ones from code base that have colors as well. mode 0 mode 1 mode 2 I'm assuming. I'm really new to all of this so forgive me.

Generally speaking, multicolor indi's are tough to get started with. To be compatible with iCustom and hence Molanis, each color must have its own IndexBuffer (see SetIndexBuffer in the indi's mq4 file), and each color's buffer must not use EMPTY_VALUE... for example.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:47 pm 

ok so just inputing modes numbers and <>= symbols in ta block probably isnt going to cut it. It sounds like it goes alot deeper than I thought. Would you know where I can get more information on this subject or is this something that Molanis isn't capable of doing yet.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:47 pm 

There is no easy answer here, so I'll do my best...

There are 2 ways to incorporate an indicator into an EA:

(1) Code a call to the desired indicator mode (IndexBuffer) via the iCustom command, avoiding the need to do anything except know which desired mode to use and the indi parameters. This is what SB does automatically when you import custom indi's. Unfortunately, poorly defined IndexBuffers, EMPTY_VALUE's, and even external string inputs (extern string = "some text") will throw a wrench in the works for iCustom. This issue is not unique to Molanis code. It exists for all coders and cannot be avoided without abandoning iCustom altogether. Sometimes, the indicator can be recoded with SetIndexEmptyValue, etc. to make it suitable for import. Of course, this requires some coding knowledge.

(2) Code the indi calculation right into the EA code. This is not an option in any EA builder software as far as I'm aware.

With all due respect to the mods, this forum leaves a bit to be desired organizationally. You're going to have to Search this forum for whatever you determine your issue is i.e., empty value, etc. (see the Search link up top). Ctrl-F is your friend in making that determination. Right click on the indi name in MT4 and click Modify. When the mq4 file opens in MetaEditor, Ctrl-F for color, then do IndexBuffer, and then EMPTY_VALUE; and this should get you started.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:58 pm 

Thanks RJo I'll see what I can find.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:23 pm 

You have one condition like this one
If indicator 1 = indicator 2 then... those conditions do not work. Imaging 1,1234 = 1,1235, visually they appear to be the same but they are not the same. Also, indicator values jump with every tick, so indicator 1 can go from 1,1232 to 1,1236 without being equal to 1,1235. Try to use >,< and build crosses instead