molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Trade using multiple periods
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:24 pm 

The ea should be attached to the lower time frame. The other windows are to check you have enough history in the chart. If you know you have enough bars for all time frames them you only need to open the lower time frame.
mt4 does not have the feature to do multi timeframe backtesting. mt5 does have it

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:18 am 

Nevermind I found the problem. I did not include part of my code in my example to you in the attachment. That code had exit algorithyms that did not have define periods. therefore what I thought was trades opening outside of my defined periods, turned out to be trades closing. once corrected the ea works perfectly. I need to congradulate the developer of Molanis for creating a product that allows non coders to compete with banks and institutions. I now find myself as one of the 5 percent (of forex traders) that actually makes money. And after this last "add-on" (multi period confirmation) my robots works as a set it and forget it instrument. OK it was four years in the making (with Gods help), non the less it works well. To God be the Glory! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:58 am 

Nevermind I found the problem. I did not include part of my code in my example to you in the attachment. That code had exit algorithyms that did not have define periods. therefore what I thought was trades opening outside of my defined periods, turned out to be trades closing. once corrected the ea works perfectly. I need to congradulate the developer of Molanis for creating a product that allows non coders to compete with banks and institutions. I now find myself as one of the 5 percent (of forex traders) that actually makes money. And after this last "add-on" (multi period confirmation) my robots works as a set it and forget it instrument. OK it was four years in the making (with Gods help), non the less it works well. To God be the Glory!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:24 pm 

Code:
[b]I did not include part of my code in my example to you in the attachment.[/b]

Next time include everything - excluding parts prevent support from finding the issues and waste valuable resources on our end.