molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Signals from multiple currency pairs
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:47 pm 

Here is a basic MA crossover strategy I've created that uses an MA crossover on 3 currencies (AUDUSD, EURUSD, GBPUSD) to make a signal to trade the AUDUSD, but it won't trade. Should this work using more than 1 pair for signals? Or is there something I'm missing? I realise this is something I can't backtest in MT4, hence I have tried it on a micro account of mine and it wont open the trade when all the parameters appear to be met.

Attachments:
COMBO 15m.mol [15.99 KiB]
Downloaded 467 times

Post subject: Re: Signals from multiple currency pairs
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:06 pm 

Hey nolube, I have to zoom down to 19% to see anything in your mol; and then I have trouble selecting anything but connectors. :x If you can make it viewable at 55% or so, I will have a look.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:28 pm 

Nevermind--I was able to scale it up. Assuming your other settings are all correct for your account, your Execution Type is set to Trade in your START icon and your lot sizes in your BUY and SELL blocks are set to 0. Just change one or the other. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:47 am 

Hey RJo, I set the lot size in the EA settings once I applied it to the chart so i was under the impression I could leave those at 0 in the actual strategy??? Sorry about the viewability of the .mol file, should have thought of that. I use SB across 2 monitors hence it was nice and spread out. In any case, I'll try what you have mentioned and see if it works. There is no setup at the moment so I'll have to wait for one to test it :)

Cheers,
nolube

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:22 am 

:oops: I have 2 monitors as well--that never crossed my mind.

Yeah, setting lot size in the EA inputs tab should work. Hmm... Just to confirm that your settings match your broker/account, the mol is currently set at:

Standard Account
Include TP/SL (no ECN)

Correct?

Also, does your broker have suffixes in its symbols? If so, you have to add them manually in MetaEditor. SB does not automatically detect them. Current Symbol uses Symbol() which can reference just about any symbol, but AUDUSD will not reference AUDUSDm for example.

And... is MT4 showing any errors in your Experts tab/log?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:06 pm 

Hey RJo, I think you are correct about the suffix on the symbols as my mini account is with IBFX so AUDUSD would in fact be AUDUSDm. I moved the EA over to my standard account which doesn't have the suffix, but it is an ECN broker! Why does all this stuff have to be so damn difficult!! Agrhhh

Anyways, I got error=130 which seems to be related to what you are talking about ECN brokers. Now obviously my issue is to somehow add a SL and TP with new orders.... for ALL my EA's as I've just gone live with 3 of them as of 2 days ago (no trades triggered yet).

Any ideas?

PS. trade just triggered with no TP/SL on my ECN account, so everything else is OK.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:10 pm 

Oh hang on, is the solution as simple as setting 'Buy/Sell orders include TP/SL' to 'No' ? Then that way it will send the entry order, then soon after add the TP/SL??

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:25 pm 

I'm guessing that's what i have to do, trade not in trigger zone ATM but hopefully it will be soon to test.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:33 pm 

That did the trick! Thanks very much RJo, you've been a great help to me on this forum hopefully I can help you out one day!

nolube

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:01 pm 

Yeah, I should have guessed you have IBFX. Me too. That little "m" causes lots of problems. Don't thank me... just share your strat when you're earning mad money. :P