molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: How to maintain Max No Of Position at 1, seven EAs in one.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:52 am 

Hi yo RJo,

You've thought of it all. That was exactly what was in my messed up EA head. Just need your opinion to defragment it.

I was thinking that the EAs stays in my laptop just like you said. And they need to open an account and let me have the traders password. Their broker's MT4 sits in my laptop too.

I then provide the services, such as notify email and settings as per client's request.

I can provide 3 Settings.

1) Conservative.
2) Normal.
3) Agressive.

Of which u know that we would know what to do if client wants only, say, maximum risk of 30% of equity at any one time.

Let this be a Pilot Account of at least having funds of say, $500. It is up to them if they want to copy the EAs action by duplicating the same entry upon receiving the notification email to another account.

I'll charge $25 per mnth for 'EA Hosting & Account Management'. Which includes settings to PREVENT YOUR ACCOUNT FROM GOING UP IN SMOKE.

Sounds good uh? Let me know.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:39 pm 

Yikes! :shock: I'm pretty sure the first half of that is illegal without a Series 3 or 7 license and a segregated accounts platform. Assuming direct control over another trader's account sounds an awful lot like taking his/her money and putting it in your own account. For real advice, contact the SEC and maybe a licensed attorney. I am not a licensed attorney and this all continues to be my opinion and not legal advice.

I would stick with the simple one-product signal approach. If a trader wants to increase profits/risk, he or she can simply increase his or her own lot size. When I said, minimum capital, I was thinking more in terms of a trader expecting monster returns from $100.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:52 am 

Yo Rjo, its been a long time, how're you doing.

I need to check your opinion on this.

One terminal I am opening 7 charts, all EURUSD.
Each chart is attached with one EA.
Means I have 7 EAs, all with different Magic Numbers.

1 terminal trades for 1 account only.
Max Bars in History has been reduced.
All other EAs not in use is deleted.
All other pairs have been 'Hide'
Indicators not used in EA deleted.
Language not used deleted.

Question - How to I throw off more weight of the RAM or processing speed?.
Question - On WindowsXP with 4GRam how many terminals have you tried operating, 10?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:32 pm 

kitz328 wrote:
Yo Rjo, its been a long time, how're you doing.

I'm A ok, other than a staph infection, followed by a herniated disc, and then bronchitis. :lol: :(

kitz328 wrote:
Question - How to I throw off more weight of the RAM or processing speed?.

I'm guessing it's the 7 terminals running simultaneously. If your dealer allows hedging :?: , and your already using 7 different magic #'s (probably 14 with Molanis code), then simply open 7 different EURUSD charts in one terminal and one account. Are you doing dealer comparisons?

kitz328 wrote:
Question - On WindowsXP with 4GRam how many terminals have you tried operating, 10?

In the past, I installed MT4 in 2 or 3 separate directories mainly so I could demo test and trade live simultaneously. I have 4 gigs as well, but 64 bit Windows7 (i3 processor). Again, I can run 28, 30, or maybe more charts with an EA on each within one terminal, but I'm not sure if this serves your purpose.

if you really think it's a hardware issue, then the processor is probably more important than RAM and OS.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:39 pm 

[quote="RJo"]Yikes! :shock: I'm pretty sure the first half of that is illegal without a Series 3 or 7 license and a segregated accounts platform. Assuming direct control over another trader's account sounds an awful lot like taking his/her money and putting it in your own account. For real advice, contact the SEC and maybe a licensed attorney. I am not a licensed attorney and this all continues to be my opinion and not legal advice.

I cant draw out their money, its only traders password I need. You need a whole lot more info to draw their money.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:53 pm 

Quote:
I'm guessing it's the 7 terminals running simultaneously. If your dealer allows hedging :?: , and your already using 7 different magic #'s (probably 14 with Molanis code), then simply open 7 different EURUSD charts in one terminal and one account. Are you doing dealer comparisons?
Quote:

It's actually 11 terminals, all .exe from 11 directories. It seems that WinXP with 3GigRAM with good broadband can operate smoothly between 6-8 .exe from diff edirectory only. Looks like I need a second computer.

Quote:
In the past, I installed MT4 in 2 or 3 separate directories mainly so I could demo test and trade live simultaneously. I have 4 gigs as well, but 64 bit Windows7 (i3 processor). Again, I can run 28, 30, or maybe more charts with an EA on each within one terminal, but I'm not sure if this serves your purpose.
Quote:

Not to mention u running on 64 bits but Windows7 is cool enuff because it can be powered up to 16GigAM I heard.

Quote:
if you really think it's a hardware issue, then the processor is probably more important than RAM and OS.[/quote]

We can't change processors of our current laptops right? Its unlike RAM?

I charge US$5,000 for my EAs to run for client's account. They pay me Us$1,500 upfront for the directory set up. This includes reconfiguring the EAs to their risk appetite, such as MaxPercentAtRisk settings and includes changing all name parameters to their name, including custom Email Nnotifications. Out of that 11 customers 8 are friends or relatives which managed to bargain me down to US$500 for everything (I need the money urgently anyway). The other 3 are real customers I got from my FaceBook, WordPress ad. I also put on display my EAs performance on MyFxBook.

My customer base is increasing. I can picture my storeroom with 10 loptops if I am operating for 80 clients, 8 .exe dirctory each? Hmm I hope there is a better way. No VPS, my EAs stays with me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:11 pm 

Oh yeah... segregated customer accounts. Now I remember. :oops: A server and a commercial platform designed for this are probably out of the budget I guess. At that point, you would just as well become a licensed money manager which, if I remember correctly, you're not into. (Just thinking out loud here.)

I must admit... I have to eat my earlier posted words. Just for kicks, I loaded up all the least efficient indicators I have and my RAM stalled MT4 before my processor even struck 33%. This inspired me to: (a) look up my computer spec's, and (b) roll my computer over and inspect the RAM situation. Sure enough... there was an open RAM slot, so I ordered another 4 gig OEM stick this morning.

In my dreams I could have 16 gigs of RAM. I'm guessing this would be an i7 based machine. I'm maxed at 8.

Yes, slow processor has always meant a new computer for me. Do you have a Pentium class processor? How about accumulating Core i7 laptops instead? I'm thinking... 9 base model laptops @ $300 = 1 high performance laptop @ $2700 (with less router ware). On the other side of the coin, you could use what you have plus one $300 machine for the short term.

Does anyone use towers anymore? Maybe you could get a deal on a monster.