molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Custom Indicator
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:33 pm 

Hi

I have created a custom indicator using the molanis software. Its fairly simple and similar (but different) to a moving average. It plots on the screen perfectly.

However, when I try and use it in Strategy builder it says, Unknown error and that there aren't any external inputs. Its true there are no external inputs. But can you take a look and see why there is an error?

I have attached it.

Thanks.

Attachments:
CETA_FT.ex4 [2.7 KiB]
Downloaded 603 times

Post subject: Re: Custom Indicator
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:35 pm 

Please post the indicator .moi file

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:52 am 

Hi

Moi attached.

Thanks

Attachments:
CETA_FT-1.moi [1.56 KiB]
Downloaded 587 times

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:31 pm 

When you generate an indicator it shows you the signals like this (regardless of the version used pro or standard):
//***Read this first: Integration with Molanis Strategy Builder***
/*To integrate this indicator with Molanis Strategy Builder use the following modes:
Mode 0 = ((8*Close[i])+(5*Close[i+1])+(2*Close[i+2])+(-1*Close[i+3])+(-4*Close[i+4]))/10;
*/
So you know you need to use mode 0. You define the shift (0=current bar, 1=previous bar)

If you have an Indicator Builder pro version it will give you the .mq4 - then you use the import custom indicator button in the Strategy Builder, and you will see something like the graph below. The strategy builder gives you the indicator and variables.

If you have an Indicator Builder standard version, you will get the .ex4 file which cannot be read using the import custom indicator button. You need to add the name of the indicator manually. In the example, you will write "CETA_FT" under Custom Fields - it is not automatic.

Attachments:
File comment: Importing custom indicators
custom_indicator.PNG
custom_indicator.PNG [ 25.44 KiB | Viewed 5605 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:37 am 

Hi

I still cannot get this to work. When I add the indicator it still gives an error and when I use the EA it does not open any trades. I have attached the SB & Indicator file,Can you take a look?

Thanks

Attachments:
CETA_FT20.ex4 [3.95 KiB]
Downloaded 616 times
CETA_FT20.moi [1.69 KiB]
Downloaded 631 times
FT1.mol [9.66 KiB]
Downloaded 600 times

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:33 am 

Again, you don't have a pro version so you cannot import the indicator using the import button - you will get an error. The workaround is to write the name of the indicator as explained before (you did it right)
Your strategy needs some adjustment. First, you do not need the CL and CS unless you use hedging. Before a BUY is executed, the expert advisor will close all shorts ( and viceversa )