molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Expert Advisors - Examples (MT4 and MT5)
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:10 am 
Site Admin

The examples are files for our software so you need to download them first and then open them with the strategy builder (mt4) or the expert advisor visual wizard (mt5). Then you need to generate the ea. After you generate the expert advisor, you can use it in MetaTrader.

To save the examples, you can right click on top of the download link and then select save as; or you can click on the download link and then go to your browser's menu File and then select save as.

Examples for MT4 (Strategy Builder)
http://www.molanis.com/products/molanis ... rs-for-mt4

Examples for MT5 (Expert Advisor Visual Wizard)
http://www.molanis.com/products/expert- ... visors-mt5

To learn how to use custom indicators in your expert advisors, look at this post:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=162

Before contacting support, please make sure:
-you read the user guide (it's a pdf file available in the directory where you installed our product)
-you read our faq at http;//www.molanis.com/support/faq
-you look at the examples
-you browse this forum

Thank you. Should you have any questions, please post them in this forum.

Molanis Team

Post subject: Re: Expert Advisors - Examples (MT4 and MT5)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:02 am 

Hello! After that I downloaded to test the EA Bollinger, who is the "Bounce from the Borders of the Bollinger Channel," I saw that it did not work properly! I do not know why but it seems that the logic is correct at the time of testing but it does not deal as agreed. But I created an EA that worked properly and I think that was what they meant.

Attached is a mol for the file analysis and testing to confirm what I'm saying.

Attachments:
Bollinger.mol [10.3 KiB]
Downloaded 5337 times

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:24 am 

Well, Forex trading forums will tell you which is the best forex trading robots in the market, they will talk about the various forex currency trading system and leave you confused as to which Foreign exchange trading system is the best as click here.

Post subject: Cool expert advisors MT4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:14 pm 

Hello everybody,

Here are 3 expert advisors for MT4 that I have programmed and are very useful. Import them into your Strategy Builder file. Then, open, validate, and generate the code for metatrader.

The first one is a moving average cross using 12 and 17 periods. Are you sick of whipsaws or getting kicked out of the trade in the middle of a larger trend? This one will keep you in the trade on a trend, even if it's a bumpy ride! Then when price and candles go sideways, as long as there is a slight trend up or down the ma lines will stay apart and prevent whipsaws 95% of the time. Can't get better than that! Of course you sacrifice one or two candles in your entries and exits but in longer trends, that is well worth the value you get here! It has multiple time frame entries too.

Attachment:
17 + 12 MA CROSS MTF ENTRY EXIT.mol [30.86 KiB]
Downloaded 5261 times

The next one is Multiple Time Frame (MTF) Trend Trading. Have you ever started or thought you were in a good trend only to have it reverse on you? Well with this expert advisor, you can kiss those times goodbye. This does not let you enter the trade unless the Weekly, Daily, 4 hour, 1 hour and 15 minute trends are all in place. It only exits when the 4 Hour trend is exhausted, then starts up again when they all are in place again. This strategy almost eliminates all whipsaw trades. You will rarely go wrong with this one. Now that doesn't mean you can blindly just place this on your MT4 platform and magical money will show up in your account! Wait until you see the beginning of a good trend in one of those time frames, and watch it go!

Attachment:
MTF TREND TRADING.mol [27.51 KiB]
Downloaded 5224 times

The next one is called Steep Candle. You've seen times when price shoots straight up and you're afraid to enter the trade for fear it will come back and you don't know when or where the top candle will be. Well this expert advisor solves all that: -- place this expert advisor on the chart that has the shooting candles (before you see a reversal candle), and the trade will be entered immediately, then, it gets you out of the trade at or very near the very top! Cool huh?

Attachment:
STEEP CANDLE ENTRY AND EXIT.mol [17.41 KiB]
Downloaded 5020 times

All my expert advisors have a magic number of 0 to co-incide with the magic number of 0 when I open trades manually. Therefore, I can place an ea later on after I open a manual trade or even switch it for another ea and the new ea will always recognize the trade. Therefore the expert will not open up a new trade and will close the current one when conditions agree.

Post subject: Exit only Expert Advisors
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:47 pm 

Hello Again everyone,

If you're like me, there will be many times that you will look at a chart set up and say,,, "oh, I better get in that trade right away!". Well, now you can click away and get into all those trades immediately without having to worry about which ea suits the price environment. After you place that trade, here are three types of exit only experts you can then place on the chart to ride the trade to the end of that trend. It exits, but does not enter again. Thats' up to you to assess after. Most fo the time I do not want my ea to enter the opposite (or the same) direction again, because I want to assess the currency direction as well as chart patterns.

Here is how they are structured:

Linear Weighted Moving Average 13 (closed) -- this is considered one of the best moving averages to show you which way price is moving at any given moment for the immediate trend.
ADX DI lines -- PLUS DI is crossed up means price is likely to move or keep on moving up. MINUS DI is crossed up means price is likely to move or keep on moving down. ADX signals are based on price movements within a candle comparred to the previous candle, not whether price is moving up or down on the chart. This is why you have to pair ADX signals with a trend indicator such as a moving average. if both confirm the direction, the analysis is on more solid ground.
MACD and Signal line -- Macd line crossing it's signal line means the immediately previous trend is likely at (or near) an end.

All three of these indicators give excellent signals for the end of a trend. The problem is that in various price environments, a particular one will trigger sooner than the other 2. So I have devised a clever way to beat the market at its own game:

EXIT QUICK -- This one guarantees you a very early exit without the risk of price reversing at all. It closes the trade when any one of the above conditions exist:

Attachment:
EXIT QUICK (1 OF 3).mol [14.27 KiB]
Downloaded 4984 times

EXIT STRONG -- If you feel like you are in a stronger trend and you don't want the risk of being kicked out halfway up then this is the exit expert for you: When any two conditions exit, the trade will be closed:

Attachment:
EXIT STRONG (2 of 3).mol [24.81 KiB]
Downloaded 5074 times

EXIT COMPLETE -- This one is when you feel very confident about price going your way... or maybe just plain greedy.... and you want to stay in until the trend is definately completely exhausted: When ALL THREE conditions exit, the trade will be closed:

Attachment:
EXIT COMPLETE ( 3 of 3 ).mol [14.2 KiB]
Downloaded 5093 times

Go get those trends!!

Post subject: Range Breakout EA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:19 am 

Hello Everyone again,

I have two breakout Expert Advisors I would like to share with you today.

The first one is when price is in a range, and you want to catch a trade entry when it breaks out of the range. This ea allows you to simply put in two prices and the ea will enter a long trade above the higher price or a short trade if price goes below the lower price.

Attachment:
RANGE BREAKOUT by PRICE.mol [11.15 KiB]
Downloaded 5200 times

The second expert advisor is when price is in the same situation -- a range and you don't know which way it will go. The worst thing about ranges is false breakouts. This expert will eliminate 95% of false breakouts. It is based on a 12 period closed MA crossing a 17 period open MA, but only when ADX MAIN line is above 23. The best way to trade using this ea, is to first make a template of the two moving averages and the ADX MAIN line and put it up on the chart. (Set the two ADX DI lines to no color to block them out from showing in the indicator window). Then look for range pricing where the two moving averages are touching and flat looking, and ADX MAIN line is below 23. Then set this ea on the chart. When there is a breakout, the ma will cross first in most cases, and when the ADX MAIN line breaks above 23, you know that there is a trend start and that is confirmed with the ma cross. Many times it will take some time for the expert to enter a trade because the ADX Main line stays below 23 or the ma cross doesn't agree with the ADX DI cross. This eliminates many false signals. (TS stands for Trend Strength)

Attachment:
RANGE BREAKOUT by TREND.mol [21.53 KiB]
Downloaded 5033 times

Good luck to all.

Post subject: Re: 12 +17 SMA Crossover EA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:15 pm 

Hello Alger,
Thank you for sharing your EAs. I am new to the forum and would like appreciate your advice and guidance on the 12 + 17 SMA crossover EA.

1. Can I apply the EA on more than one chart; same instrument; different time frame?
2. Can I apply the EA on more than one currency pair, same account?
3. When I applied the EA on multiple charts, an alert came up "Thre are existing positions that culd afect the logic of this EA. We strongly advise you close all pending...."
I don't understand what triggers this, what it means and whether only one chart is supposed to be running at any one time.

3. On some charts that were running the EA, entry points shown did not correspond to any crossover of 12 and 17 SMA.

4. In the data in the trade tab, there is indication that a Stop loss target is set. Why is this necessary if the entry and exit is governed by the crossover of the MA.

5. There was a BUY signal when the fast SMA was crossing down!

I think I have not set up this properly.

Attachments:
12-17SMA-problems-01.png
12-17SMA-problems-01.png [ 35.84 KiB | Viewed 134166 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
"There are existing positions that could affect the logic of this EA. We strongly advise you close all pending...."

This is a warning from the strategy builder for users to let them know they have opened positions. It does not prevent trading. It is just a message.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:14 pm 

This example shows how to use the mql icons to get the number of opened positions

Attachments:
File comment: NUmber of positions
numerOfPositions2.mol [12.67 KiB]
Downloaded 4268 times