molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stop to breakeven after 'x' pips
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:16 am 

Is this possible? I have found an EA here http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=312481 but I want it to be part of one of my own EAs. Is there an option in Molanis SB that I'm missing? Or is it fairly simple to add the coding to my EA in metaeditor?

nolube

Post subject: Re: Stop to breakeven after 'x' pips
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:30 am 

We do not have that feature yet. It's in our nice to have list for the next release.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:41 am 

OK cool, are the chances pretty good that it will be in the next release? I think a lot of people would use it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:36 pm 

Check out Steve Hopwood's MPTM (just do a search). B/E, trailing, jumping... you name it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:58 am 

Thanks RJo, looks like a handy tool! Is it possible to run 2 EA's on the same chart? So I could run one of my EA's for entries and then use this one to manage the open trades?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:57 am 

MPTM always has to be run on its own chart. The simplest way to run it is to open a second chart for the same pair that your entry EA is running on, and do manage by symbol.

Other options would be to manage by magic number. Here you would set your magic #'s in your entry EA and your MPTM to match. This allows you to play with manual trades separately.

Alternatively, you could open/run as many entry charts/pairs/EA's as you like and manage all of your postions with the MPTM. It all depends on what you're trying to accomplish... and ultimately your MPTM settings.

There is a pdf manual somewhere out there that explains each MPTM setting with instructions for use.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:44 pm 

Thanks RJo, you've really been a great to me and I really appreciate it. I'm just a bit green when it comes to EA's so I'm still half picking up the basics. :mrgreen: I came across the PDF and it explains it fairly well...

nolube