molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Closing the Order
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:29 pm 

I have setup the conditions to open the order which end with BUY and then STOP.
However, I don't want to close the order with a S/L but rather close the order when certain conditions are met. I can't seem to add Condition Blocks between BUY and END because it tells me that the BUY Block must be connected straight to END.

I hope this is not too confusing

Graeme

Post subject: Re: Closing the Order
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:32 pm 
Site Admin

Try using CL and CS. Just make sure the trading conditions do not overlap (i.e. buy if 1<2 and cl if 1.5<2 both are true at somepoint)

Post subject: Adding Exit Logic to a CL Block
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:49 am 

admin wrote:
Try using CL and CS. Just make sure the trading conditions do not overlap (i.e. buy if 1<2 and cl if 1.5<2 both are true at somepoint)

Hello Admin,

If it is OK with you and the OP, I'd like to piggyback my question directly off the OP's question, because they are exactly alike. So, both the OP and myself can learn something about how Molanis works, and you won't have to reply to two threads.

Picking up right where you just left off with the OP, I'd like to show you this diagram and then ask a question:

Buy Side Trade Logic

Entry Logic:
Start >>> (2) TA+ >>> AND >>> Buy >>> Stop

Exit Logic:
Start >>> (2) TA+, (1) MQL >>> AND >>> (1) CL >>> Stop

Note: Given the way my iCustom works, there won't be any circular logic conditions causing the Entry Logic to return True, while the Exit Logic returns True.

Does the diagram appear to be a sound method for using CL to exit a position after it has been executed?

Thank you!
cfx

Post subject: Re: Closing the Order
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:17 am 
Site Admin

Sure. As long the logic doesn't overlap (meaning you don't want to open and close a transaction at the same time)