molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Cant seem to get a simple MACD cross to work
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:52 am 

Hi, I have a few questions .. any help would be great.

1) Please have a look at the file attached. I am running it in the back tester and its not doing what I want it to. All I am trying to do with this part of the EA is to get it to buy when the main line crosses above the signal line and to close the open short order if there is one and vice versa. In the back tester its opening sometimes in the right spot, other times not, and it is refusing to close the old order before opening the new one. .... (and I tried to run the sample provided by Molanis and had similar results. and yes, hedging is off in EA options)

2) My broker is only 4 digits and not 5, every time I add an EA I have to change this setting. Is there any way to change this in SB so it doesnt have to be done manually every time?

3) The email notification. How and where do I add the email address that it sends its messages to? I have it turned on but no emails are coming ...

Thanks for all the help.

A.

Attachments:
NEW_MACD_X_Setup.mol [14.7 KiB]
Downloaded 359 times

Post subject: Re: Cant seem to get a simple MACD cross to work
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:13 am 
Site Admin

1) It's odd that the example does not work for you. It's been tested several times.
Could you please backtest the example and email us the output (the log file)?
You need to set the right digits before you backtest it otherwise it won't work fine

2) No. It's 5 digits by default since most brokers already use 5 digits. If you have a pro version, you just change the variable once in metaeditor after the ea is generated.

3) The email notification uses mt4 email system. You need to setup mt4 first and make sure it works.
In MT4 look for the options window, then the email tab. You need to enter your email and email server. Test it. After it works, test the ea.