molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Alert Mode Indication
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:20 am 

I have just configured my working EA to Alert Mode. However Im not clear what type of alert indication I should be expecting. OK im sure that I will get the pop up window but I have multiple charts and the pop up window doesnt say which chart is alerting. I run 25 EAs on 9 mt4 platforms. so finding the alerting chart can be time consuming. I dont use Majic numbers and keep EAs configured as "any symbol" pair (as opposed to EURUSD for example). Therefore there is nothing in the EA to tell the alert icon which pair is sending the alert. I use 4xstats EA to send emails from mt4 when a position has been opened. So now im not clear how this 4xstats app will respond to Alert Mode. Any suggestions. FYI the reason I keep EAs at "ALL Symbols" is because any modifications would require me to modify 25 diferent EAs on every mod (if I were to add the currency pair name). I would be great I could get the BUY SELL Circle to appear. But the again maybe they will I just dont know what to expect when the market reopens. I hope someone can help. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Alert Mode Indication
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:01 pm 

I read somewhere in this forum that it's impossible to get pair specific alerts without naming the pair in each order placed via the BUY/SELL icon. Perhaps this is possible in Pro version via hard coding (I'm waiting for my Pro license), but then why MetaEdit when you can do cut, paste, and/or save as in SB? I can tell you that all of my current symbol message alerts read "current symbol" followed by a bunch of 000's. You should get a message box, and a sound alert if you have play sounds true. I don't ever remember seeing colored arrows in alert mode, but don't quote me on that. I don't have 4xstats but I'm guessing you will have to open your EA in SB, edit the icons, and save as currency specific file name (so you know which pair to attach to) to make it work as you describe.