molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Candle stick study?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:10 pm 

Hi everyone, I am new to molanis and I am looking to create an indicator that will signal when a certain candle stick pattern is formed. I am not sure this is something molanis can do because it does not seem to be able to compare one candle to another. Please correct me if I am wrong. Things I would like to do are below.

1) compare open and closes as well as lows and highs between candle sticks (for example candle i's low is higher than candle i1's low)
2) use the candles from a heiken ashi chart not a standard candle stick chart to compare ( I dont see this in the indicator list)
3) set an alarm with the indicator if the candle pattern is formed

Thanks
Aaron

Post subject: Re: Candle stick study?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:55 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
1) compare open and closes as well as lows and highs between candle sticks (for example candle i's low is higher than candle i1's low)

In the TA icon you have high, low, close and open prices. Adjust the shift to compare different bars (shift 0 = current bar, shift 1= previous bar).
Quote:
2) use the candles from a heiken ashi chart not a standard candle stick chart to compare ( I dont see this in the indicator list)

heiken ashi does not come with MT4 so it is considered to be a custom indicator. You can import it and use it in the strategy builder. However, there is no easy way to get the signals you want - you would need to use the indicator builder to create the signals - unfortunately for that indicator it is really complex (heiken ashi is made of many signals that when put together look like candles)
Quote:
3) set an alarm with the indicator if the candle pattern is formed

You can create alerts with the strategy builder. Create a normal ea and in the start icon set alerts instead of trading.

Post subject: Re: Candle stick study?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:54 pm 

Here is an on-chart histogram version of HA candles. You should be able to read the histo values by pointing your cursor to each candle in MT4--allowing HA candle value comparisons in a TA.

Attachments:
Heiken Ashi2.mq4 [2.14 KiB]
Downloaded 375 times