molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Trade manually closed but EA keeps trying to open new trade
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:40 am 

Hi all, first post, just wanted to say a big Thanks to the Molanis team for such an amazing product. Great Job.

I have been playing with the EA cross over sample and have 2 questions I would like some help with if possible.

I use FXOPEN for a broker and they dont allow less than a 10pip TP and I like to scalp at about 5 pips. So when I use an EA cross over to get into the trade I need to close the trade manually. This is a) annoying because it defeats the purpose of the EA if I have to sit here to close out each trade and b) ... no ... it's just annoying ...lol.

So the questions I have are :

1) How can I "program" a TP ... so each tick it checks to see how many pips from the initial by or sell and once it hits 5 pips it will close all open trades.

2) If I am stuck having to close them manually, the EA right now will re-buy after I take the profit without waiting for the next crossover to happen before opening the next trade.... And obviously I don't want that to happen since I just closed the trade manually.... I think this might be an off setting on my part but I can't seem to find where to correct it...

Thank you in advance and happy trading...

A.

Post subject: Re: Trade manually closed but EA keeps trying to open new trade
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:03 am 
Site Admin

If your broker does not allow tp lower than 10 pips you cannot use the tp feature. If you put tp as 5 pips, the order will be rejected by the server.
Currently the open price of the trade is not available in the TA icon (it will be in summer) so you cannot create the condition that you need

If you are really into scalping you are using the wrong broker - if they have a min 10 pips, it means they don't want scalpers and will try to discourage scalping strategies.

I do not understand question 2. The ea buys every time a trading condition to buy is true, If you close the position and it opens the position right away maybe you need to chnage the trading condition - the user guide at molanis.com/support/manuals shows how to create cross overs in different way, it may help you
Also, if you trade every tick, it's normal to get many signals in the same direction and false signals - it depends how you define your trading condition

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:51 am 

Hi, and thank you.

As for the ability of the open price not being there, I can add custom code to the final EA, do you offer programming services so that I can get this done? Or can you recommend someone who can do this? If so, please pm me with an hourly amount or a quote ... I really want to stay with my current broker because everything else has been great so far.

Thanks.

A

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:10 am 

We do custom development. You need to contact us by email.