molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: No TP no SL IN Trades
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:03 am 

Hello Molanis,
My EA has TP and SL defined but when trades are placed some trades have no TP and no SL. How can I fix this error in the v3.15 that i am using?
Thanks.

Post subject: Re: No TP no SL IN Trades
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:23 am 

That is really odd and should not happen. Maybe a broker error. Where do you see this? demo? backtesting? live? which broker are you using? In mt4 please look at the expert tab. It prints out what the ea is doing. It will show if there are any problems with the order. Please post your strategy file to take a look.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:04 pm 

From the Experts tab, It says "... executing order in two steps. Step 1 - Sending order without TP/SL". I had it set to NO in the START icon. It does not happen with all trades. But it sure defeats the purpose because as a fulltime professional, I don't have the time to baby sit the trades and manually enter SLs and TPs on the trades where they were omitted. I have since downloaded newer demo platforms and don't know the exact EA. All my EAs have TP and SL defined in the .mol file. This was with a Fin demo MT4... Thanks for your help Molanis.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:01 pm 
Site Admin

If you send the order in two steps, it means that you use an ecn
An ecn does not allow to send the stops with the order - so the order is send and after execution, the stops are added. In theory If the broker is really slow the market changes and the stops may become invalid so they cannot be added. I would try using a different broker with normal response time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:52 am 

That explains it. Thank you very much.