molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: EA not trading
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:16 pm 

Hi,
I tried to builder my first simple EAs but am having some issues.
attached are the mol files.
1. The W7 ea is a trend ea with simple long when the up arrow appears and short when down arrow appears. but its not making any trade.
2. StoctEA. is a stochastic ea that I want to open buy when signal line is above main line and 20 and sell when signal line is below main line and below 80. some time this ea does not trade when conditions are met on the chart while some times it opens trades when all the conditions are not met.
3. I want ea to trade 3% of account balance so i set MaxRiskPercentage to yes and value to 3 but its trading only 0.01 lot even when account balance is $6000 with 1:888 leverage.
I looking forward to your help and clarifications.
Best Regards

Attachments:
StochEA.mol [18.63 KiB]
Downloaded 705 times
W7.mol [9.96 KiB]
Downloaded 688 times

Post subject: Re: EA not trading
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:44 am 

For the W7 ea start a new thread and post the .mol and the custom indicator. Explain in detail how the indicator works. Mind you, most indicators that draw arrows repaint (change the signal in the current bar) - this is why they do not work on real trading. They look fine in the chart after the fact because they draw the line after the action has passed.

For the other ea, for testing first use the previous bar (shift=1) so you can see when the trade takes place in backesting. When you use shift 0 you cannot see in bactesting the signal becaue the chart plots the close and you trade at the open or before the close
Then test the condition separatedly. Make sure they work before you join them with an AND.