molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: error checking on orders?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:31 am 

Hi, while i`m waiting for the beta update, just hope i get it before the demo runs out, can you tell me if error checking is done while and after orders are placed such as checking that orders on PC are the same amount as at the brokers (no floating orders going amiss) that orders have not been rejected for some reason, check that the order was placed with the expected spread, can i choose wether to have stops/limits on the PC or at the broker side. be able to choose to re-send xxx times. what happens with requotes? etc. etc. mt4 has error codes upto 150 so there is a fair chance of getting one while an ea is left upto it`s own devices so what happens?.
Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: error checking on orders?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:16 pm 

In the start icon there is a retry option, you can set number or retries. So if you get an error the ea retries to send the order.
If it does not work it can send an email or show an alert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:23 pm 

ok, thanks, that answers the retry querry but can you expand on the other questions please.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:27 am 

Quote:
checking that orders on PC are the same amount as at the brokers (no floating orders going amiss)
When you send an order it is executed using all the user defined parameters. mt4 has the same orders info on the terminal and the server
Quote:
that orders have not been rejected for some reason
Orders can be rejected so the retry option retries again
Quote:
check that the order was placed with the expected spread
The ea has a variable to set the spread (slippage) - if the spread is higher that that setting the order it is not executed. In the real word spread are different that the posted info by the broker. Sometimes they change.
Code:
can i choose wether to have stops/limits on the PC or at the broker side.
If you use an ecn you set the ea to send orders and later the stops. Otherwise order and stops are sent together. It does not have stealth stops since they are really dangerous for example our fake stops is at 1.34, the market jumps from 1.32 to 1.36, your fake stop on the terminal detects it has to close the position - it uses 1.36.If the same stops was in the server, the order is closed at 1.34