molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: trade management in molanis moving average example video
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:06 pm 

In Molanis' moving average example video, when a buy order is open with a stop loss of 50 and take profit of 100, the trade exits when an opposing sell order is triggered. The Sell order actually closes or cancels the buy order and opens a new sell order.

Is it possible to have the sell order open only when the buy order has closed itself. ie. A new trade is not made unless other trades have closed?

I understand that if I put maximum number of positions to 1 it will not open another buy order if a buy order is already active. I also understand that if i put hedging as "true" it will leave the current buy trade alone and open a sell trade at the same time. But im looking to have only one trade open at a time, have it close itself, and then a new trade open only when no other trades are active. (regardless if its a buy or sell order)

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: trade management in molanis moving average example video
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:22 pm 

The user guide at http://www.molanis.com/images/stories/m ... de_MT4.pdf explains in detail how to do this. You either build a real crossover (the video is a basic ma strategy and not an ma crossover - the example page has many crossovers http://www.molanis.com/products/molanis ... rs-for-mt4 ) or you use the next trade management feature. Do not use hedging.