molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Crosses and one bar trading
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:47 am 

Hello guys,
I searched the forum for answers but did`t actually find it all.
I want to ask you to help me with the coding a little bit. How do you tell Molanis to Buy ( for example )when the first bar closes above MA and sell with the opposite conditions ?
I made some experts but when you say MA1>MA2 , or buy when iClose > MA it will buy constantly.
The idea of the MA`s are that they work for support / resistance levels so it has to buy /sell if price bounces from these levels, not constantly.
I am attaching a picture to show you my idea- less orders , bigger size for tight stop loss in this case

Attachments:
conditions.gif
conditions.gif [ 21.74 KiB | Viewed 5533 times ]

Post subject: Re: Crosses and one bar trading
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:48 pm 
Site Admin

You need more complex conditions or need to use the next trade management feature

If your conditions says if ma1> ma2 and you trade every tick, you will see that many times ma1>ma2
A more complex condition that is a real cross over is ma1>ma2 AND ma2>ma1 in the previous bar. The next trade management feature allows you to use ma1> ma2 and wait until an opposite signal is received.
Please take a look at the user guide at http://www.molanis.com/support/manuals that explain in detail
Also take a look at the ma examples here http://www.molanis.com/products/molanis ... rs-for-mt4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:09 am 

OK, what about a bounce from the MA..?
Lets the market touches MA ( case 1 ) , or the market is 7 pips before reaching the MA and then closes under/over it .
See the example . I want the trade open there.. , the conditions will match again - MA 1 < MA 2 , the price will be below/above the MA`s so it will open trades ..Maybe the trade management will help, but in a trend you have 2-3 cases where you can build your position but trade management will wait for the opposite position and you`ll miss trades ..

Attachments:
3.gif
3.gif [ 20.51 KiB | Viewed 5516 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:10 pm 

You can use the mql icon to build conditions like ma > ma2 + n pips - Or you can create indicators that calculate those differences and import them into the strategy builder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:15 am 

OK, thanks , I`ll try :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:02 am 

Hello Doy

There are Many cases where a certain ma crossover works , then there are just as many where it doesn't, depending on price environment, time of day, time of week, and higher TF trends. My advice is to adjust your ma a little faster/slower to get a good average of successful results rather than the more complicated addition of +n pips, etc.

Your chart looks like you are using a 50 EMA and a 100 EMA. I use these two frequently to determine higher time frames. I found a good strategy is just as you have displayed in your post,, when price backs up to the 50 EMA ( with the 50 and 100 both showing the same way) and then price goes thru the 50 EMA, (in agreement with the higher TF trends -- 50 and 100 EMAs) then you have a good entry signal.

Good Luck to you.