molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: no trades
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:08 pm 

I have developed 2 simple strategies but they did not take any trades. I looked @ them multiple times but could not figure out why. Will you please kindly review these strategie. I did make sure that my meta trader has indicators used in strategies.

Thank a lot for the wonderful support.

Attachments:
50 HullMA.mq4 [3.7 KiB]
Downloaded 414 times
15min_AwesomeOsc.mol [11.08 KiB]
Downloaded 423 times
15min_50HullMA.mol [13.53 KiB]
Downloaded 426 times

Post subject: Re: no trades
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:46 pm 

We give free support because we want to grow our community. We expect people to work as well. We will not do the work for you. Contact our sales if you want that we do the work for you.

You already asked about the awesome indicator and we answered. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=296&start=0&hilit=awesome

About hull:
First rule: Always use current time frame unless you use two or more time frames in your ea. This way is easy to test and will work in any current time frame. If you select 15 min, you need to know how to do the backtesting for 15 min (use the same timeframe). MT4 do not backtest multi currency eas.

Also, there are four signals in that indicator. Please describe your strategy. Buy if??? Sell if???

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:02 pm 

I am sorry for not using support the right way. I will change my single time strategies to all time frame.
Basically my Hull startegy buys and sells on mode 2 & 3 crossover and my Awesome Osc strategy should buy or sell on zero line crossover and I was wondering if I was making an error which was the reason for no trades since I rolled that strategy. I will appreciate a feedback.

Thanks a lot.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:52 pm 

The awesome indicator that comes with mt4 only gives you one signal = the size of the histogram. People usually use the color and the size for signals. If you want to use the color you need to download the indicator for mt4 (that indicator will give you the size and the color)
In your case it looks like you just want the size (Nought line crossing signal from http://ta.mql4.com/indicators/bills/awesome)
The cl and cs in the ea do not make sense. Try w/o that and change the timeframe to current timeframe. Using a specific timeframe is for advanced users that know the implications.

As per hull, same comments. Use current timeframe and delete cl,cs.

Just a reminder that the ea uses this logic: before going long, all shorts are closed
Also, to use cl and cs, you need to define conditions that do not overlap. You cannot say buy in a cross from below to above zero and sell if above zero (this is what you have in your diagram). It does not make sense.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:36 am 

Thanks for detailed reply.
So if my buy logic is different then my cs logic then will it be ok to ue it. for example if I use hullMA 30 period to buy and use hullMA 20 period to close short then will it still conflict or no???

Thanks for your support. :D

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:07 am 

I don't think they overlap.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:04 pm 

Thanks