molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Trades not taken
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:03 am 

I am using a starategy in my demo account that uses awesome oscillator and stays in trade all the time during my selected trading hours. It is supposed to go in opposite direction at the same bar where it closes the lat trade. I am noticing it is not happening and it is not taking the new trade after closing exiting position. It is missing one trade before taking a new position.
Please help figuring out what is happening.

I am attaching my strategy

Thanx a lot :D :D :D :D

Attachments:
Awesome_Oscillator_Strategy.mol [11.62 KiB]
Downloaded 469 times

Post subject: Re: Trades not taken
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:38 am 

Sorry, I do not fully understand your issue. Please describe in detail your strategy (when to buy / sell)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:39 am 

OK, I buy when I get the blue bar on awesome osc & close long and sell at the same time when I get a red bar on awesome osc and keep doing it to trade in both directions during my specified trade hours. I stay in market 100% of the time during my selected trading hours.
I hope it explains my startegy well.

Thanks a lot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:18 pm 

Please look at iAO mql documentation:

double iAO( string symbol, int timeframe, int shift)
Calculates the Bill Williams' Awesome oscillator and returns its value.
Parameters:
symbol - Symbol the data of which should be used to calculate indicator. NULL means the current symbol.
timeframe - Timeframe. It can be any of Timeframe enumeration values. 0 means the current chart timeframe.
shift - Index of the value taken from the indicator buffer (shift relative to the current bar the given amount of periods ago).
Sample:
double val=iAO(NULL, 0, 2);

Note that there are no modes in the indicator so it gives you just one value. No way to tell the color of the line.
To do what you want, get the indicator code here http://codebase.mql4.com/251 then save it with another name. Compile it and then open the strategy builder and import it.
That indicator has 3 modes, one for the value (it does not draw), a second one for a green color, a third one for a red color. If you see the green line, the red line is zero (and vice-verse)

Unfortunately using this indicator the way you want it is more complex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:38 am 

Thanks for detailed reply. You guys are awesome. :D :D :D