molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Trading Bollinger bounces (Touches) - 5 pips from bands
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:32 am 

Hi all.

Not sure if anyone can help me with this. I have not been able to find a similar topic on the forums.

I currently manually trade off the 9ma bollinger bands. I buy when (in addition to other conditions) price is within 5 pips from the lower band and sell when price is within 5 pips from the upper band (2 STD).

I have been battling to create an EA for this. If I remove the 5 pips condition, it seems to work fine, but I miss quite a few trades.

To cut the story short, I have attached the EA. I have used the MQL function so I can add something like lowerband+50 (since my broker uses 5 digits). However, this seems to open very random trades everywhere. When I change it to lowerband+5, it opens no trade.

So is there some way to include an integer (eg 5 pips) within the condition that uses the bands?

For now, I have only done the 'Buy' part. Once I am done with the Buy, the Sell will be easy.

Attachments:
BolingerOse-part worked.mol [10.67 KiB]
Downloaded 482 times

Post subject: Re: Trading Bollinger bounces (Touches) - 5 pips from bands
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:41 am 
Site Admin

You use MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_ASK-5) and it should be MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_ASK)-0.0005 (for EURUSD), you enter the pip value in money terms so do not use 5 but 0.0005

Post subject: Re: Trading Bollinger bounces (Touches) - 5 pips from bands
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:01 am 

Thanks a million!

I cant believe I didn't notice my error!

Thanks. It's worked.