molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: how to set CL or CS?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:32 am 

can you please tell me how to set CL or CS when the total pips of all open orders achieved? For example: there are two open short orders, with a net pips of 20 and both are needed to be closed even one at a loss.
Thanks

Post subject: Re: how to set CL or CS?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:37 pm 

Can't be done without coding. This would require a loop code to tally up the order profits, which would have to go into an MQL block--the SB manual says, "trading conditions," not loops. molanisfx/admin, please confirm here.

However... you should be able to use AccountProfit() to read the actual profit (in your deposit currency) for all open orders +/- swaps from within an MQL block. Manually convert your pip value to deposit currency and use this number instead:

AccountProfit() = 30

So... 30 is dollars, euros, or whatever your country's currency is.

If you don't mind running a second EA on a second chart, search for "Swiss Army EA" or "MPTM" (Multi-Purpose Trade Manager) on Google. Both will probably do what you want.

Post subject: Re: how to set CL or CS?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:38 pm 

Thank you very much