molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 5 min EA with
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:39 pm 

Can anyone point me in the right direction of some posts that will help me solve this problem using the Molanis modelling software. I've looked but am none the wiser. I am a complete beginner at using this software.

I am trying to model a trading scenario as follows:

1. At 8am analyse the previous 5 minute movement of a given index or currency pair (say, for example, the FTSE 100) and work out if it was an up or downward movement.

2. If it was down then place a sell trade, if it was up the place a buy.

3. Then every 5 minutes I want to do the same but only place a trade if the movement is in the opposite direction in which case I need to cancel the original trade by trading the same amount, but in the opposite trade.

4. The previous trade cancelled I want to start over, if I had cancelled, as in step three, then I'd trade in the same direction. Then just keep going until 4pm.

Here's a working example:

Day 1 e.g.
07:55 to 08:00 - FTSE moves down
08:00 - place a sell (because the previous 5 minutes was down) trade £1
08:00 - 08:05 FTSE continues downward trend, no trade made (because trend continues in downward direction)
08:05 - 08:10 FTSE moves upward, place a buy trade (because FTSE moved in the opposite direction) for £2 (£1 to cancel original trade and £1 for a trade in the now upward direction)
... continue until 4pm.

Is it possible to model this?

Post subject: Re: 5 min EA with
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:16 pm 
Site Admin

Probably but it's difficult though. You need to build different indicators to get the right signals.
Also, Make sure your broker has the info you need - you should be able to see the index in a chart. Most of them only offer forex so you won't have the index prices.

Post subject: Re: 5 min EA with
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:37 am 

It is a matter of using SB Pro (and probably TIB also) to build the indi's and EA; and to generate the mq4 code. Then you can manually edit the chart symbols in MT4's MetaEditor (or MS Word) to whatever your dealer's symbols are. I recently did this for my dealer's pesky "m" symbol suffix (EURUSDm for example).

GCI Financial has CFD's for the FTSE 100 and 7 of the "major" pairs (plus stocks, etc.) on MT4. I had a demo that cancelled due to nonuse. My indi's and EA's seemed to work fine.

Keep in mind, this is all without even addressing your indi builds. Unfortunately, as admin already stated, this is not a small task. I'm 99% sure it can be done.

FYI: I have learned more code since I've had the Pro version than ever before. This is not a knock on the software, but rather a result of what I demand from my EA's.