molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Fractal Setting on SB
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:18 am 

I want to create EA using fractals as follows:
when a new fractal is formed lower than the previous one and stochastic is up take buy and if new fractal formed above previous one and stochastic is down take sell. now the problem is i cant identify at which bar has the previous fractal been formed coz it depends on the market (its not fixed) is it shift 1 or 2 ...etc. so how can i set this on the SB as trading condition?

thanks

guys,
i think someone replied to me but i am not able to see this reply so pls advice or replay back to me on this query
thanks

Post subject: Re: Fractal Setting on SB
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:39 pm 

The initial reply was spam so don't worry about it. Our antispam took care of it.
A quick search on the forum shows some views on your question:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=372&p=1376&hilit=fractals#p1376
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=720&p=2559&hilit=fractals#p2559
It is difficult to use fractals because the signals are not reliable and come late (3 bars late), so you get many false signals, if you wait 3 bars in a 1 hr chart means a 3 hr wait. When people look at the chart after the fact, signals with fractals look perfect, and you see that it makes sense. Real - live trading is so different.
The best bet is to try to find a fractal modified indicator on the internet that reduces the number of false signals.