molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Lot size issue
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:47 pm 

I am testing an ea and having an issue with the lot size. I have max percentage at risk set to true and 3%. The value in the buy block for lot size is set to 0. When I do my backtesting, it caps the lot size at 1. What do I need to do so this increases proportionally?

Post subject: Re: Lot size issue
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:36 pm 

The 3% will reduce any lot size to 3% of free margin. However if 3% lot size is less than the minimum allowed by the server, then the minimum will be used to trade.
The lot size won't increase proportionally. The current money management feature reduces the lot size but does not increase it. We do not believe in using martingale of similar. However lots of people ask for it so we will release it in the next version (first for mt5 - then for mt4).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:11 pm 

Hello! So that means that it only decreases the lots, but when going up my capital, it will not increase the lots in the same way that limited the lot by my capital?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:57 pm 

Max lots size is just a max value, to put a filter to the trade size.
If you want you lot to increase using number of wins / losses use the martingale options instead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:25 pm 

Martingale I think should not be advisable for me. What I really need is to know about the "MaximumPercentageRisk", in accordance with the capital it only reduces the lots and does not increase when you raise my capital!

If for example if I put 10 lots with a capital of $ 100, the "MaximumPercentageRisk" will reduce to 0.01 in batch instead of letting the entire 10 lots. If my capital increase, the lots will also be changed?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:17 am 

You have worked out the answer to your own question. Your capital is determined by your account's current balance (which fluctuates); you manually control the number of lots as a variable; and then lot size is calculated from those two things. So yes, the lot size fluctuates as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:15 pm 

RJO Thanks for the reply! It had hinted in previous posts that only dimiuia, not increasing floated too!